The Official #1 Tennessee @ FSU CWS Game 3 Thread (Wed. June 19 3:45PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d just like to say thank you to all the experts, worry warts, nega-Vols, posi-Vols, sunshine pumpers, Ne’er do wells (like me), armchair head coaches, armchair umpires, armchair first and third base coaches, chicken littles and wanna be players on this forum that never got off the bench to get in and play this season…for a really great season of riding all the emotional waves of ups and downs, banter, insult slinging, name calling, challenges to a fight in a Waffle House parking lot, cursing, swearing, gnashing of teeth and all the thanking the good Lord above for a fantastic UT baseball season of conversation, arguments, delirious and excellent posts each and every game on these threads. Well done!! Everyone pulled the wagon, put in a little extra effort and probably abandoned spouses and kids temporarily to make all this happen. Pat yourselves on the back and get ready for the final pull. Let’s go win a NATTY!! Amen and Go VOLS!! 🍊
There were some people early in this thread who were really gassing up FSU. Making them out to be a much better team than us.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
They’re a good team, but when the chips were down, we handled em’ like I knew we would.
Yeah they are, but man some of those comments were making them out to be some monster. I guess I didn't feel threatened by them. I felt pretty calm today.

Reactions: Vol737
Congrats to the boys for taking the next step. Said it all along, but as good as they were from '21-'23, this group is just different. The quiet confidence instead of cockiness, the complete unwillingness to quit, and the ability to win any kind of game separates these guys from the last few UT teams.

Even the announcers in the pre-game, it's always just about the HR's, but we've won the last two primarily with pitching, defense, timely hitting and taking advantage of opportunities. This is as complete a college ball club as has been seen in a long time, and they are a couple of wins from completing the journey. Go Vols!!!!

Last edited:
There were some people early in this thread who were really gassing up FSU. Making them out to be a much better team than us.
I don’t know that I would have been a “gasser”, but I am surprised at just how easily we have dispatched with some really good teams I Omaha.

UNC? FSU? Make all the jokes about the ACC you want, but those are two good baseball teams. They beat some good SEC teams to get to Omaha. It doesn’t bother me a bit to say we beat two good teams.

If anything, the relative ease with which we have won over these teams makes our wins that much more impressive, not less so.

GBO!

FSU was the second best team in our bracket but they were not the second best team in the tournament. That would be A&M. There was nothing to be scared of with FSU. Their pitching was never going to do much of anything with our lineup. A&M is the only team in the country balanced enough to legitimately hang with us at this point in the season.
Yeah but they’re held together with spit and duct tape.

Reactions: VolPack22
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back