The Official #1 Tennessee @ Texas A&M National Championship Game 2 Thread (Sun. June 23 2PM EST) (ABC)

It’s nice to be confident but our pitching and infield defense was horrible yesterday and it’s been suspect all year. We also can’t let the Aggies go to the 7th with the lead. We didn’t have a clue against their closer. We may have lost our confidence last night. A&M sure made it look easy.

Reactions: CAVPUT
It’s nice to be confident but our pitching and infield defense was horrible yesterday and it’s been suspect all year. We also can’t let the Aggies go to the 7th with the lead. We didn’t have a clue against their closer. We may have lost our confidence last night. A&M sure made it look easy.
IMO pitching wasn't great and at same time wasn't that bad except when we got 2 strikes on them, it seemed like either misplaced pitches or getting too anxious for the 3rd strike and throwing meat. The timely errors which gave A&M extra outs and added a burden to the pitchers and we left 10 runners on base. As a whole we got outplayed, to simplify it.

The positive’s from yesterday is CMO and Tears probably not going 0 for 10 today. You didn't have to use your best relievers in Snead or Combs. Their closer and best reliever Aschenbeck threw 46 pitches is most likely out until Monday. He maybe could give them 1 inning today which would be 9th if they had the lead.

I like our chances with the next two starters on the mound. Hopefully today we play much cleaner and IMO stay out of 0-2 and 1-2 counts with almost every at bat. But you simply can not try to get the pitch count up by taking pitches in the zone then wind up having to hit the pitchers best pitch or get frozen on a two strike count by a change, slider, or breaking ball. But I still like our chances!

IMO pitching wasn't great and at same time wasn't that bad except when we got 2 strikes on them, it seemed like either misplaced pitches or getting too anxious for the 3rd strike and throwing meat. The timely errors which gave A&M extra outs and added a burden to the pitchers and we left 10 runners on base. As a whole we got outplayed, to simplify it.
Agree we could not get the third strike. A&M lead nation in walks so I know they are disciplined at the plate.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
It is now or never. Time to stop the stupid errors and hope we have a pitcher that can keep runs off the board. This bullpen scares the heck out of me but I have faith that today we take momentum and full control of this series. GO VOLS!!!

We will win the next two! And Texas A&m will leave knowing the better team just beat them, no matter what strategy they employee. They did give their best shot and took a game. Kudos for them. But the better team wears orange this year! If we play anything close to way we played rest of the year. Go Big Orange!

Baseball can be a brutal sport. When you can fail 70% of the time and still be considered successful is serene . A ball can be hit 2 feet either way and make the difference in a game. Errors can be very detrimental for a pitcher either by the pitcher or fielder. We just have to hope the ball bounces our way today and tomorrow. GBO and get this championship you guys deserve it. 🍊💪

VN Store

Back