The Official #1 Tennessee @ Texas A&M National Championship Game 2 Thread (Sun. June 23 2PM EST) (ABC)

Bright spots from yesterday:
1) Ensley is showing why he’s such a great leader: pushing through an injury to go 3-5 with a HR
2) Dreiling on a tear with a 4-5 performance with a HR
3) KT playing elite defense with ye5 another spectacular catch in CF.
4) DLoy looking spectacular and Phillips looking great with both gaining valuable experience.

17 K’s is way too many and half those other 10 outs were poorly struck balls so we didn’t really make A&M work hard on defense , I know we made 3 errors but if that ball in the 3rd doesn’t hit Causeys foot I think that’s a double play and the 5 runs never happen , A&M got several lucky bounces that helped em , hopefully we’ll get a few of those today

It’s nice to be confident but our pitching and infield defense was horrible yesterday and it’s been suspect all year. We also can’t let the Aggies go to the 7th with the lead. We didn’t have a clue against their closer. We may have lost our confidence last night. A&M sure made it look easy.
People are making too much of the fact that A&M is throwing a bullpen game. They have the best bullpen in the country. I feel like it’s asking too much of any lineup, even ours, to win back to back elimination games against these guys. We are the clear underdog in this series now.

Reactions: Score50 and CAVPUT
Yeah when I saw that comment I basically went sailing past it. A coach who's been to the CWS 3 of last 4 years and the finals this year...ain't getting outcoached by anyone. TV likes to stay with his routine and Stamos has started all season for AJ and its worked well. IF we play a clean game and stay away from getting in the hole on almost every at bat...I think we'll be ok. But even if we lose...it won't be TV's fault (he might TRY to take the blame however).

17 K’s is way too many and half those other 10 outs were poorly struck balls so we didn’t really make A&M work hard on defense , I know we made 3 errors but if that ball in the 3rd doesn’t hit Causeys foot I think that’s a double play and the 5 runs never happen , A&M got several lucky bounces that helped em , hopefully we’ll get a few of those today
Everything was going their way.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
YES...that play was the break A&M was looking for (IIRC there were two plays similar to that and then compound it with 3 errors). Baseball is different from any other sport like that IMO. Such a fine line there.

People are making too much of the fact that A&M is throwing a bullpen game. They have the best bullpen in the country. I feel like it’s asking too much of any lineup, even ours, to win back to back elimination games against these guys. We are the clear underdog in this series now.
Correct.

They have a guy who throws 100+ who didn’t even get loose last night. We will definitely see him today.

Not great for a team that swung late at 90 mph fastballs all last night.

Baseball can be a brutal sport. When you can fail 70% of the time and still be considered successful is serene . A ball can be hit 2 feet either way and make the difference in a game. Errors can be very detrimental for a pitcher either by the pitcher or fielder. We just have to hope the ball bounces our way today and tomorrow. GBO and get this championship you guys deserve it. 🍊💪
Yep, with all this they also had some fortunate hits one bounced off the pitchers mound straight up making it almost like a slap hit. Brutal sport for sure.

Reactions: volsagain
They have a guy who throws 100+ who didn’t even get loose last night. We will definitely see him today.

Not great for a team that swung late at 90 mph fastballs all last night.

Schloss acting like he doesn’t know who is throwing today is very funny. Such a loser. He is putting on this pitiful “woe is me, we are so light on pitching” when it’s almost certainly going to be Lampkin/Cortez.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
sorry in advance, I know this has been discussed most likely, but with the whole #1 curse thing, has there been many #1's lately to make it to the championship game?

Need a complete performance today. Defense HAS to be better. But if we can find a way to win, I like our chances to take it all in Game 3. The longer this series goes, the better for us.
We’ve been #1 and in the driver’s seat all season and somehow we’re having to “find a way to win” in the championship series. We need to rise to the occasion. No bigger stage than this.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

VN Store

Back