The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

The fact that there could be potentially 6 SEC teams in the CWS is nuts. The only reason there wouldn’t be 8 potentially is because they gave Stanford and Maryland a pass and didn’t put an SEC team in their region. I think the record for most teams from one conference is 4. That occurrence has happened 5 times and the SEC was involved 4 of those times, most recently in 2019. If LSU-Ole Miss and Auburn-Vanderbilt are the Supers matchups then there will definitely be 2 SEC teams. Nothing like SEC baseball.

The only question that remains is "which SEC team will win the championship this year"??

No such thing as an easy path in June. We're in the Super Regionals. You're going to face one of the 16-best teams in the country. Notre Dame doesn't scare me. A very good team, but we've handled very good teams all year. I'd rather face a team whose known for pitching over offense any way. Our lineup will keep us in any game against any pitcher. Tidwell/Dolly/Beam/Burns will have a less powerful lineup to deal with this weekend, which is good.
Yep, I 100% agree. And we always talk about how ND gets all the unfounded love/bias, and rightfully so, but now we have a chance to really prove it. I want to embarrass them.

There is no question the starting pitching has to be better this weekend if we’re going to win, but I highly doubt Dollander has two awful starts in a row, so I feel good about it. He’s going to come back fired up Saturday.

I hope we save Burnes for a potential game 3. He's a weapon out of the pen, but Mabry, Connell, Sewell can you give you multiple innings as well.

VN Store

Back