The Official #11 TENNESSEE (2-0) at Floriduh (1-1) Thread - Zone Edition - 9/16 @ 7:00 PM EST - from The Bowels of HAIL aka “Da Swamp” - ESPN

I had access to season tickets compliments of my boss in 1985 and went to every home game and 2 away games. I'm not saying there was no woo, Im saying I don't remember any woo and Id think I would if there were.

But, I would not bet much on me being correct that there was in fact no woo.

Forgive them. They sat in the nerd section arguing over Hydra-matic vs Dynaflow. shaking their heads at the youngsters with untucked shirts.
No, they were the nuclear engineering students comparing how many rads were recorded on their badges during they’re field trip to Oak Ridge.

Reactions: Sgt_Nick_Fury
I had access to season tickets compliments of my boss in 1985 and went to every home game and 2 away games. I'm not saying there was no woo, Im saying I don't remember any woo and Id think I would if there were.

But, I would not bet much on me being correct that there were in fact no woo.
I was at every home game from 85 to 91, and a lot of the away games
I was only able to make about four games a year from 93 to 01
I would bet you are correct, as is NorCal

Edit: 92 was the year I moved. Only made it to Arky and Bama at home, and So Car on the road.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
No, they were the nuclear engineering students comparing how many rads were recorded on their badges during they’re field trip to Oak Ridge.
This only confirms the comb over theory and slide rules, and pocket protectors.

Yep, buncha nuclear scientists in the zone.
We were ubernerds who played submarine warfare games with Navy cadets on ARPAnet. We had to calculate navigation and firing solutions by hand (with the aid of scientific calculators) and enter these via keyboard, watching green alphanumeric characters on a gray screen.

This whole conversation just reminds me of the stuff my dad's generation would argue about at the barber shop in horned rimmed glasses.

We were ubernerds who played submarine warfare games with Navy cadets on ARPAnet. We had to calculate navigation and firing solutions by hand (with the aid of scientific calculators) and enter these via keyboard, watching green alphanumeric characters on a gray screen.
This confirms my theory also. My dad was Navy...biggest nerd I ever known...good man......but absolute nerd. He won't woo either......but he also wears grandpa wader pants. He actually has a slide rule collection.

Reactions: Tin Man

VN Store

Back