The Official #17 Tennessee vs. #20 Illinois Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, CBS

Just missing way to many open shots. Last 10mns was bad ball movement was good just couldn't make anything. Let's see if officials switch whistle 2nd half. Only 4 fouls. In CHRIST Alone

Gotta love the impact of sh!tty officiating on a game.
If our fan base had any type of intelligence, we’d be on Twitter pitchforks and change would happen. Instead we’ll blame our athletes for momentum shifting officiating.

Just got to see it another 100 times and maybe something will get done…

We better get some calls in the 2nd half...Hopefully Knect stays out of foul trouble and goes off in the 2nd half. Why not try someone else instead of Gainey? Plenty of guys sitting on the bench

Reactions: walkenvol
Offense looks great at the start until we start rotating players in. Then bs fouls ruin the flow if the game. Par for the course

Their post players are more physical.
because they are ALLOWED to and we are not. Judgement calls are about 70 30 so far. We missed 3 bunnies, the refs gave them at least 6 FT that even Rick bitched about, and give them some credit, they have hit several really tough shots where ours have bounced off.

Worst call showing a ref problem was the foul call on the Shack at the free through line then allowed a dribble and still gave him FT. Thank goodness they at least replayed the bogus goal tending call. But once again shows a bias by the ref making that call. The charge call on Santi was ?????? anybody got a judgement there?

Feel like all I heard after the Michigan State game was how good Gainey was going to be. He has been trash since and should have stayed at his division 3 school. Also pretty sure we are losing because of me. As soon as I turn the game on we go on a drought.

If our fan base had any type of intelligence, we’d be on Twitter pitchforks and change would happen. Instead we’ll blame our athletes for momentum shifting officiating.

Just got to see it another 100 times and maybe something will get done…
Demeaning fan intelligence while saying something stupid is some tricky reverse psychology. Well done, my friend.

Gotta figure Freddie will start to earn more of Gainey’s minutes as he gets better.
He’s been equally as bad, if not worse, on defense when he’s played. One of them absolutely has to step up on that end of the court, if nothing else.

Reactions: walkenvol
We scored 8 points in the final 10.5 minutes of that half.
It has gotten to the point where it just makes no sense. It is almost like once we miss a couple our players and the refs start expecting us to miss. We get no rolls, no bounces and no calls.

Officiating from the 12 min point on was competely one sided.

Gainey 0-4. Can't keep chunking up shots. Every one has scored, except Mashack but he hasn't shot. Other people are hitting -stop forcing shots

VN Store

Back