The Official #17 Tennessee vs. #20 Illinois Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, CBS

What a bizarre post to make after we just beat a top 20 Illinois team and charged back from behind to do it, controlling the whole second half. Meanwhile, Auburn is coming off a loss to Appy State.
Read several of the dudes posts. Par for the course.

Auburn obliterating Indiana --- flying around with confidence making every shot... like we should be doing with our talent. Big self confidence difference in both teams... we are mentally fragile as all Barnes teams are, once we go cold we struggle to pull ourselves together... Auburn has KD who's a dawg and vocal and emotional and keeps the team up and fired up... we need someone like that--- we have DK, but need some fire from some of our guys in games like this to lift everyone one up. We should have played lights out at home but struggled. We just aren't good shooters.

Why does TN not ever get the calls? Even at home? Football and now Bball this season... seriously, is there some Sanky SEC conspiracy against this University???

Give me a freaking break. Indiana sucks. Auburn JUST lost to Appalachian State earlier in the week. Meanwhile we beat the 2nd best team in the Big 10. Our fans are STUPID.

Auburn obliterating Indiana --- flying around with confidence making every shot... like we should be doing with our talent. Big self confidence difference in both teams... we are mentally fragile as all Barnes teams are, once we go cold we struggle to pull ourselves together... Auburn has KD who's a dawg and vocal and emotional and keeps the team up and fired up... we need someone like that--- we have DK, but need some fire from some of our guys in games like this to lift everyone one up. We should have played lights out at home but struggled. We just aren't good shooters.

Why does TN not ever get the calls? Even at home? Football and now Bball this season... seriously, is there some Sanky SEC conspiracy against this University???
Nap time for you, little buddy.

The conferences contract with their own pool of officials. You will see the same group do the SEC even though some may do another conference, too.

Evans, Oglesby, and Dailey are all contracted by the SEC. You will see them again multiple times.

If that is Oglesby from Cleveland that played for Bradley County and Clemscum - he has stated he despises UT

Reactions: chuckiepoo
What a bizarre post to make after we just beat a top 20 Illinois team and charged back from behind to do it, controlling the whole second half. Meanwhile, Auburn is coming off a loss to Appy State.
Watching multiple games right now... I watch more SEC teams than just TN since it's our conference and we will be playing them in conference play... Why would you not watch other teams?
Alabama giving Purdue everything they can handle and may beat them. Alabama playing at a higher level than us right now.

Auburn playing with confidence and fire unlike we do most games and pointing out that if we had a leader who could keep our team up, fired up, and confident like they do in KD, we'd be blistering teams...

TN is just the best and can do no wrong and plays perfect and never has any issues and screw watching the competition....

There, did I do it right? SMDH...

Give me a freaking break. Indiana sucks. Auburn JUST lost to Appalachian State earlier in the week. Meanwhile we beat the 2nd best team in the Big 10. Our fans are STUPID.
So you don't agree that we go cold way too often with the talent we have and struggle to get out of our funk? Who's our fiery leader?

I guess you haven't watched the last 3-5 seasons where we struggle to win games and lose games based on going cold and not playing with confidence...

Yes, some of our fans ARE stupid.... give me a break... Indiana is 7-1 and beat Maryland and Michigan... they don't SUCK. SMH again.

I was making the point that it would be great to have a fiery leader like KD who could keep us up and confident... we play like that and we wax teams.

Watching multiple games right now... I watch more SEC teams than just TN since it's our conference and we will be playing them in conference play... Why would you not watch other teams?
Alabama giving Purdue everything they can handle and may beat them. Alabama playing at a higher level than us right now.

Auburn playing with confidence and fire unlike we do most games and pointing out that if we had a leader who could keep our team up, fired up, and confident like they do in KD, we'd be blistering teams...

TN is just the best and can do no wrong and plays perfect and never has any issues and screw watching the competition....

There, did I do it right? SMDH...
You’re a weird member

Reactions: LoudOrange
So you don't agree that we go cold way too often with the talent we have and struggle to get out of our funk? Who's our fiery leader?

I guess you haven't watched the last 3-5 seasons where we struggle to win games and lose games based on going cold and not playing with confidence...

Yes, some of our fans ARE stupid.... give me a break... Indiana is 7-1 and beat Maryland and Michigan... they don't SUCK. SMH again.
Are you aware that Auburn just lost 69-64 to Appalachian State? If so, why are you on VolNation kissing their a$$?

I have watched nearly every single game we have played in Rick Barnes tenure. We are NOT the only team to have cold spells regardless of what people think. Sure, in the moment it’s frustrating, but as long as we score points I don’t care how it happens. We are a team of streaks like most people, and we scored nearly 90 against the #10 defense in the country.

Coming on here to cape for your boy Bruce the same week he lost to a **** Appt State team is pathetic.

I was making the point that it would be great to have a fiery leader like KD who could keep us up and confident... we play like that and we wax teams.
Indiana is 65 at KenPom. Michigan and Maryland aren’t good either. All 3 will be bubble type teams.

With 15 seconds to go, wtvf local cbs went to weather. Granted there are tornado warnings way north of Nashville, but what stooges. 15 seconds left
The FCC requires TV stations to cut-in as soon as possible if a tornado warning is in their viewing area. They can either cut in or lose their broadcast license.

The FCC requires TV stations to cut-in as soon as possible if a tornado warning is in their viewing area. They can either cut in or lose their broadcast license.
Maybe so, but this has gone on & ON...don't the nitwits at Channel 5 have the know-how to institute picture-in-picture. It's just plain arrogance/ignorance on their part. GO ARMY.

We should have played lights out at home but struggled. We just aren't good shooters.
Even with the cold stretch, they shot 27-60 (45%), for the game. That's not great, but against the 20th ranked team in the country, it's certainly not as bad as you are suggesting. This was a bizarre post, following a win over a ranked opponent. If you are an Auburn fan, why not post to one of their forums? You can give them hell about losing to Appalachian State .... if you even watched that game.

Maybe so, but this has gone on & ON...don't the nitwits at Channel 5 have the know-how to institute picture-in-picture. It's just plain arrogance/ignorance on their part. GO ARMY.
There is no "maybe" about it. The FCC requires TV stations to cut into broadcasts entirely during tornado warnings. They are not allowed to do in-picture. They must broadcast the warning according to federal law or lose their broadcast license.

You’re a weird member
I look at the big picture and our opponents... I don't live in the orange glass house and wear orange glasses like most do on here who live in the moment but thanks...
Someone gives an opinion you don't like and they can't handle it... they have to challenge it with insults instead of maturely just scrolling past... I didn't realize how many immature people live on here... Gotta remember this world is now full of betas, snowflakes, and participation trophy getters who get triggered too easily if someone says something they don't like or agree with... I'll keep my opinion more to myself since it seems most folks have hissie fits if they don't like it and can't respond maturely... Love the nap time little buddy comment...

VN Store

Back