The Official #17 Tennessee vs. #20 Illinois Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, CBS

So you don't agree that we go cold way too often with the talent we have and struggle to get out of our funk? Who's our fiery leader?

I guess you haven't watched the last 3-5 seasons where we struggle to win games and lose games based on going cold and not playing with confidence...

Yes, some of our fans ARE stupid.... give me a break... Indiana is 7-1 and beat Maryland and Michigan... they don't SUCK. SMH again.

I was making the point that it would be great to have a fiery leader like KD who could keep us up and confident... we play like that and we wax teams.

Lol, KD Johnson???? Are you serious?

So you don't agree that we go cold way too often with the talent we have and struggle to get out of our funk? Who's our fiery leader?

I guess you haven't watched the last 3-5 seasons where we struggle to win games and lose games based on going cold and not playing with confidence...

Yes, some of our fans ARE stupid.... give me a break... Indiana is 7-1 and beat Maryland and Michigan... they don't SUCK. SMH again.

I was making the point that it would be great to have a fiery leader like KD who could keep us up and confident... we play like that and we wax teams.
By KD you mean Kevin Durant? I do not think I have ever heard him described as fiery or a leader. Salty and thin-skinned maybe. KD is an all-time GREAT player. He is a bucket. He is not a leader and the only thing fiery about him is the emblem on his jersey.

There always seems to be one that just can’t be happy with a win over a good top 20 team. SMDH but I guess I never should be surprised by some of these people. Not worth even messing with.

Oh Lawd... you really can't understand... talking fragile in general over the past 3 yrs ... not today. Dang, and then here you come with the insults. And then you back stuck on Auburn for no reason... SMH... my head hurts.
With everything going on in there, it would be monumentally shocking if that head didn't hurt...

There always seems to be one that just can’t be happy with a win over a good top 20 team. SMDH but I guess I never should be surprised by some of these people. Not worth even messing with.
This message board allows self proclaimed gurus to express their true colors,,,,some of them ain’t orange

Watching multiple games right now... I watch more SEC teams than just TN since it's our conference and we will be playing them in conference play... Why would you not watch other teams?
Alabama giving Purdue everything they can handle and may beat them. Alabama playing at a higher level than us right now.

Auburn playing with confidence and fire unlike we do most games and pointing out that if we had a leader who could keep our team up, fired up, and confident like they do in KD, we'd be blistering teams...

TN is just the best and can do no wrong and plays perfect and never has any issues and screw watching the competition....

There, did I do it right? SMDH...

You apparently missed Knecht going into Alpha mode today and carrying Tennessee back in front in the second half. A mentally weak team would have folded up the tent and went home when things went so wrong for ten minutes in the first half.

As I said, your take was bizarre, coming on a thread where we beat a top twenty team and didn't trail for the last 15:25 of the game.

The FCC requires TV stations to cut-in as soon as possible if a tornado warning is in their viewing area. They can either cut in or lose their broadcast license.
Okay. Didn’t know. You would think they could have a Picture in Picture

Auburn obliterating Indiana --- flying around with confidence making every shot... like we should be doing with our talent. Big self confidence difference in both teams... we are mentally fragile as all Barnes teams are, once we go cold we struggle to pull ourselves together... Auburn has KD who's a dawg and vocal and emotional and keeps the team up and fired up... we need someone like that--- we have DK, but need some fire from some of our guys in games like this to lift everyone one up. We should have played lights out at home but struggled. We just aren't good shooters.

Why does TN not ever get the calls? Even at home? Football and now Bball this season... seriously, is there some Sanky SEC conspiracy against this University???
Auburn didn't have much confidence last week lost to Sunbelt App State big time.

I don't know why anyone would want us to play like Auburn and Bama. Sure auburn has a final 4 and bama has had success as of late, but the playground chuck threes offense is so annoying to me. And yes I'm aware we have stretches when our offense is ice cold. And didn't bama hit like 20 something 3s and still lose today?

The only thing that surprised me down the stretch is why Mashack wasn't in there to help get the ball across the line. The minutes he played today were huge we made our big run while he was in there.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
If you research back to Tiger Woods 2019 historic Masters Winn, you can read how 1 TV station in Cleveland, Ohio used a split screen during Tiger's win while others chose not to. There was no follow-up story about the FCC taking away their license nor about anyone being fired.

What happened to KD when they played lowly App State and lost, Oh Auburn got waxed.

Bama looked good against Purdue cause they hit like 17 3s or whatever it was. 12 in the 1st half.. any team will look unstoppable hitting at that clip lol go back to NC against us in the 1st half. We couldn't stop em no matter what. 🤷‍♂️ & Auburn played Indiana who.. yes.. isn't that good. Counting Michigan and Maryland as good wins for Indiana is laughable😂

VN Store

Back