The Official #18 Tennessee @ Texas Game Thread, 8:00 PM ET, ESPN

He's not the only one turning the ball over. The entire game was a sloppy performance punctuated with bad decision making.
Look at the stats. There were 5 other players that turned the ball over but they only turned it over once. You can live with players turning it over one time. But if you have multiple turnovers then that’s an issue. It’s been a consistent theme all season with Chandler, not just this game.

So what conf were the refs from, in particular the one who made that last call on JJJ?

Maybe our friend John Adams can put that in his game article
I’m not blaming a conference, it just is fact. Big home court advantage with the whistle across college bball and it’s a fact. There’s a thread here on it somewhere

Played soft as hell tonight.
How can you be so ignorant to have watched that game and come away with that opinion? Texas clearly game planned to blanket Vescovi first and foremost. It should have made things a bit easier for KC and our bigs but none of them played that well. Vescovi and Ziegler are the least of this team’s problems. If you truly can’t see that then you probably ought to quit posting

You already did the talking for me whenever you said this team had no business being in the tournament.

I got news for you pal, tune in to selection Sunday and come back to me, if you have the ability to do so.
Shows how much you pay attention. I already said they will probably make the tourney. When they go home early you still going to come back and tell everybody they had any business being there?

We beat LSU and Florida this week, and almost won this thing in Texas. Texas has an elite defense- and we came back on them and almost won. I don't think this is a bad loss, although I'd prefer to be celebrating right now.

Well said. It’s a let down and very disappointing, especially given that the offensive woes for the first ten minutes of the second half are something we can expect to see from the Vols to some extent in pretty much every game, but the crazy comeback is something of a silver lining. They won’t pull that off against all opponents, obviously, but being able to do it at all should convince the guys that they can perform better offensively.

This was talked about a lot last year too. Barnes has athletes but wont let them loose. Last years team couldve benefitted from speeding up the game and pressing as well. We just dont have a post thats dominate enough to play slow.

Will y'all stop with this notion we have the best athletes on the court? At guard we are normally even but we have somewhat of a size issue. In the post we are atrocious.

Reactions: Vol737
Playing 30 minutes a game and averaging 14 points isn’t stellar when you turn the ball over multiple times a game and don’t average close to 5 assists.
He’s not the PG you do realize that right? He averages 3+ as an off ball guard with 2 other PG’s.

Look at the stats. There were 5 other players that turned the ball over but they only turned it over once. You can live with players turning it over one time. But if you have multiple turnovers then that’s an issue. It’s been a consistent theme all season with Chandler, not just this game.
The game was a sloppy, chaotic performance from the start. I attribute this loss as much to coaching as I would any individual player.

Reactions: Namorto1
Guys that was absolutely terrible and crazy at the same time. I was going nuts. JJJ should have drive the lane and drew a foul. Down one you can’t shoot a nba 3
Should have never been in that spot. All things considered he had a wide open look which is what you’d like. With seconds left I can’t blame the kid for taking his shot. Those are the ones you dream about. A ton the clean up, offense is just a Problem for this team. Not sure what the solution is.

Better hope we hire somebody better or you will be eating your words

If it’s handled well on both ends, I, have no doubt we can attract a high level coach. If we have to fire him, or he makes a noisy exit after the program is in decline, ala Fulmer, the choices will be limited. Both Tennessee and Barnes need some to handle it well. If either side blows it, it will be painful.

Barnes has peaked. How long do we and does he ride this down? That is the critical question.

KC isn’t playing well but I’d had him in the game & the ball in his hands.
I could deal with him not playing well, he has to play with a sense of purpose. Fastest player on the court most of the time. How many times he show that tonight? Turn the corner, drive, set up your teammates. How many times tonight? He did a great job with the lob to ON but alas...wasn't even looking.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back