The Official #18 Tennessee vs. East Tennessee State Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Where is the cheapest place for tickets? I’m heading up for Vanderbilt game and just saw where the Vols will be playing Tennessee Tech on 11/26. Would love to take my wife and kids to that game, but don’t need to spend a fortune, as we will be up for the weekend and already have a full plate.

Since last year:

JJJ seems much more confident and has emerged as a solid team leader.

ORN now drives to the basket from the perimeter.

Vescovi is better at going to his right when defenfed tight.

And it is early, but Bailey has been efficient when shooting the ball.
Bailey has played well. Bailey is the kind of guy that all great teams seem to have on their bench, imo

Reactions: chuckb1448
Where is the cheapest place for tickets? I’m heading up for Vanderbilt game and just saw where the Vols will be playing Tennessee Tech on 11/26. Would love to take my wife and kids to that game, but don’t need to spend a fortune, as we will be up for the weekend and already have a full plate.

Vivid seats is the official reseller so you’d be safe from fraud.

The VN Tickets Forum actually had some free seats for ETSU. Before buying ffom there you can look at the poster’s stats to make sure that they aren’t new and have a history of activity on the board.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Vivid seats is the official reseller so you’d be safe from fraud.

The VN Tickets Forum actually had some free seats for ETSU. Before buying ffom there you can look at the poster’s stats to make sure that they aren’t new and have a history of activity on the board.
Thank you!!

Bailey has played well. Bailey is the kind of guy that all great teams seem to have on their bench, imo
Ehhhhh......Bailey has made his shots. That is the extent of it. He has not really played well. And as soon as those shots stop falling his liabilities become more glaring. As we get into league play, his minutes need to be spread out to other players (mostly to Powell).

Ehhhhh......Bailey has made his shots. That is the extent of it. He has not really played well. And as soon as those shots stop falling his liabilities become more glaring. As we get into league play, his minutes need to be spread out to other players (mostly to Powell).
3rd on the team in assists, 2nd in steals, 6th in FGA…he’s contributing in other areas than scoring, and the shots he’s taking are good shots.

3rd on the team in assists, 2nd in steals, 6th in FGA…he’s contributing in other areas than scoring, and the shots he’s taking are good shots.

He's not a good defender and was routinely beat on 1 v 1 situations last season. He also rarely makes the extra pass.

He's not a good defender and was routinely beat on 1 v 1 situations last season. He also rarely makes the extra pass.

His defense is pretty similar to Powell, Vescovi is the best of those 3…Barnes ain’t playing someone getting consistently beat on D. And again, Bailey is 2nd on the team in assist, and leads the team in a:to through 2 games (0 turnovers)…he’s playing very well.

His defense is pretty similar to Powell, Vescovi is the best of those 3…Barnes ain’t playing someone getting consistently beat on D. And again, Bailey is 2nd on the team in assist, and leads the team in a:to through 2 games (0 turnovers)…he’s playing very well.

Powell is more consistent from 3 and offense runs way more smoothly with him. Nobody moves the ball better than him than maybe KC.

Bailey had 14 games last season where he shot under 30%. 2nd on the team in assists through 2 cupcakes isn't really a trend. I'd be very surprised if that keeps up. Everybody would.

Bailey looked really good yesterday. He actually defended better than he has in the past, played smart basketball, and wasn’t strictly pumping 3’s. He was diverse with his game, and the guy has a really quick first step. I haven’t been a huge fan of his, but yesterday was definitely different. At one point after a timeout yesterday, several coaches swarmed Bailey as he came off the court. Pretty sure the staff was more than pleased with his game yesterday.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Bailey looked really good yesterday. He actually defended better than he has in the past, played smart basketball, and wasn’t strictly pumping 3’s. He was diverse with his game, and the guy has a really quick first step. I haven’t been a huge fan of his, but yesterday was definitely different. At one point after a timeout yesterday, several coaches swarmed Bailey as he came off the court. Pretty sure the staff was more than pleased with his game yesterday.

He was driving the ball to the basket yesterday with success, opting not to take defended three's, instead driving to the rim. He looked good to me yesterday both offensively and defensively.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Powell is more consistent from 3 and offense runs way more smoothly with him. Nobody moves the ball better than him than maybe KC.

Bailey had 14 games last season where he shot under 30%. 2nd on the team in assists through 2 cupcakes isn't really a trend. I'd be very surprised if that keeps up. Everybody would.
An ON looked like he didn’t belong on the court last year, maybe players improve? So far Bailey looks like he deserves he’s getting, and he’s don’t a good job of not taking ill advised shots which was a major issue last season.

Reactions: GenRRN
Yup…early sample size suggests an improved, more efficient player.

Reactions: cardvolfan
An ON looked like he didn’t belong on the court last year, maybe players improve? So far Bailey looks like he deserves he’s getting, and he’s don’t a good job of not taking ill advised shots which was a major issue last season.

Bailey is 23. Olivier is only 21 and had virtually 0 development before UT. Not really comparable.

And I would argue is biggest issue last season was being a weak on ball defender.

Bailey is 23. Olivier is only 21 and had virtually 0 development before UT. Not really comparable.

And I would argue is biggest issue last season was being a weak on ball defender.
Player still improve after 21 years old, that’s an odd take considering the number of examples there are. Bailey is 2nd on the team in DPBM behind only JJJ, in comparison Powell ranks 8th on the team…would kinda shoot a hole in the theory that Bailey hasn’t been good defensively.

Bailey also his whole career has dropped off during conference play.

I’m fine with him getting 10-15 mpg. But KC/Santi/Powell/JJJ should be getting the majority of the wing minutes before Bailey.

Reactions: johnfnkelly
Player still improve after 21 years old, that’s an odd take considering the number of examples there are. Bailey is 2nd on the team in DPBM behind only JJJ, in comparison Powell ranks 8th on the team…would kinda shoot a hole in the theory that Bailey hasn’t been good defensively.

We have 3 seasons of big boy ball from Bailey to suggest he is what he is, but after 2 cupcake games you think he's a new player?

Bailey also his whole career has dropped off during conference play.

I’m fine with him getting 10-15 mpg. But KC/Santi/Powell/JJJ should be getting the majority of the wing minutes before Bailey.
I don’t disagree at all with KC/Santi/JJJ, so it comes down to Powell & Bailey…I think both bring a different dynamic and an ability to shoot the lights out. Right now numbers would suggest Powell is a better shooter and Bailey has been a better defender/facilitator…having both of those guys playing well isn’t a bad thing, allows for JJJ to slide to the 4 for minutes and has our strongest players getting the most minutes. I think Villanova will be telling and a first look, but I think come conference games and tougher opponents you’re gonna see…

Chandler 32/Vescovi 8
Vescovi 22/Bailey 18
JJJ 22/Powell 18
ON 11/BHH 21/JJJ 8
Fulky 26/ON 14

Wildcard there is does Barnes go with Zeigler as backup PG or does he trust Vescovi? If it’s Zeigler I think Santi still gets his 30 and probably Powell/Bailey both lose a few minutes.

We have 3 seasons of big boy ball from Bailey to suggest he is what he is, but after 2 cupcake games you think he's a new player?
I’m not holding what he did at Oregon for or against him, he was recruited to be a different player here and he was aware of the development needed…redshirt year, and COVID year, so yea, much like ON I’m willing to see what he looks like before just putting him at the end of the bench. Reports from the off-season was he had taken a step and that the competition with guards was good for him, much like ON those reports seem like there could be some truth there…I’m not calling for him to start or get more minutes than Powell, simply stating I think both are playing well and deserving of being in the rotation and similar minutes.

Bailey is not a good on-ball defender and he is even worse off the ball. Loses focus and poor anticipation. He is not a good playmaker and his assists so far have been more happen-chance and just a factor of being on the floor surrounded by good players and playing against poor competition. Even one of his assists last game was almost a last resort. He had a wideopen teammate on the wing and he looked him off but then had to throw the pass when he looked back to the teammate and he was so wideopen he had to throw the pass. I don't have anything against him and I think he brings something to the table if he is "on" with his shooting and only takes good shots in the flow of the game. Unfortunately, I am not confident he brings that very often . Especially once competition ramps up. You look at him, JJJ, Powell and your "bigger" guards and I just don't see him bringing as much to the table as JJJ and Powell. I think his minutes will decrease as the season progresses.

I don’t disagree at all with KC/Santi/JJJ, so it comes down to Powell & Bailey…I think both bring a different dynamic and an ability to shoot the lights out. Right now numbers would suggest Powell is a better shooter and Bailey has been a better defender/facilitator…having both of those guys playing well isn’t a bad thing, allows for JJJ to slide to the 4 for minutes and has our strongest players getting the most minutes. I think Villanova will be telling and a first look, but I think come conference games and tougher opponents you’re gonna see…

Chandler 32/Vescovi 8
Vescovi 22/Bailey 18
JJJ 22/Powell 18
ON 11/BHH 21/JJJ 8
Fulky 26/ON 14

Wildcard there is does Barnes go with Zeigler as backup PG or does he trust Vescovi? If it’s Zeigler I think Santi still gets his 30 and probably Powell/Bailey both lose a few minutes.

Bailey a better facilitator than Powell is just false. Using a few assist totals from two games against lower level teams is not an accurate gauge.

Bailey is not a good on-ball defender and he is even worse off the ball. Loses focus and poor anticipation. He is not a good playmaker and his assists so far have been more happen-chance and just a factor of being on the floor surrounded by good players and playing against poor competition. Even one of his assists last game was almost a last resort. He had a wideopen teammate on the wing and he looked him off but then had to throw the pass when he looked back to the teammate and he was so wideopen he had to throw the pass. I don't have anything against him and I think he brings something to the table if he is "on" with his shooting and only takes good shots in the flow of the game. Unfortunately, I am not confident he brings that very often . Especially once competition ramps up. You look at him, JJJ, Powell and your "bigger" guards and I just don't see him bringing as much to the table as JJJ and Powell. I think his minutes will decrease as the season progresses.

Agree 100% on JJJ, I think Bailey & Powell will see similar minutes throughout the year barring injury…through 2 games Bailey’s defensive rating is MUCH higher than Powell’s, so he’s doing something right on defense.

Bailey a better facilitator than Powell is just false. Using a few assist totals from two games against lower level teams is not an accurate gauge.
Well I did say “right now” so yes the sample size is small…again I’m not calling for Bailey to play more than Powell, just that I think they should and will continue to be similar. To me Bailey looks like a much better player/more efficient player than last year…and I know it’s just 2 games but his defensive rating this year is 2nd highest on the team compared to being the lowest on the team last year.

I’m not holding what he did at Oregon for or against him, he was recruited to be a different player here and he was aware of the development needed…redshirt year, and COVID year, so yea, much like ON I’m willing to see what he looks like before just putting him at the end of the bench. Reports from the off-season was he had taken a step and that the competition with guards was good for him, much like ON those reports seem like there could be some truth there…I’m not calling for him to start or get more minutes than Powell, simply stating I think both are playing well and deserving of being in the rotation and similar minutes.

Reports before last season was that he was the best kept secret in college basketball, then got out performed by 2 freshmen in a covid year. He's not good. Powell will have a shot at playing in the NBA. They're not in the same league.

VN Store

Back