The Official #18 Tennessee vs. East Tennessee State Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, SEC Network

I disagree, but I’m not going to try and argue it. People are welcome to like who they like.

I like how Santi plays definitely not the most talented guy on the team though.
People can dog Vescovi all they want, if you pay attention it’s clear that he is the leader of this team. Fulky and JJJ just aren’t vocal guys imo.
GBO!!

ORN, Fulky, BHH, Uros, & Aidoo…deepest post team we’ve ever had honestly.

Didn’t even count Tamba who I think we RS.

How do you think Uros and Aidoo will fare against p-5 competition in the coming weeks? How did BHH look today? Right now, Fulky and ON are our only good post players. Hopefully that will change soon, but right now we are thin at effective players in the post.

How do you think Uros and Aidoo will fare against p-5 competition in the coming weeks? How did BHH look today? Right now, Fulky and ON are our only good post players. Hopefully that will change soon, but right now we are thin at effective players in the post.

It’s 2 games in the season, and despite BHH being off he still grabbed 6 rebounds.

“Thin” is about depth, which we have. How they perform is tbd. But when’s the last time we had more than 3 guys that were legit 6’8” and can contribute quality minutes? Not gonna have 3 or 4 bigs pushing a double double on the team, not enough minutes for that when we’re a guard heavy team.

BHH isn’t getting a ton of playing time, but he seems to rebound really well when he is out there. But to be fair, i didn’t watch him super closely

BHH was sleep walking a bit today.

By January ON, Fulk, and BHH will be taking almost all of the post minutes with JJJ sliding over to the 4 for a few spells now and then. Uros and/or Aidoo will be insurance in case injuries or foul trouble come into play. Uros would get minutes against twin tower type of front lines if we face any.

I bet that CRB keeps giving Uros a handful of non-mop up minutes every week to keep him engaged and to be ready if he gets thrown into the mix after that injury/foul trouble scenario.

Last edited:
when’s the last time we had more than 3 guys that were legit 6’8” and can contribute quality minutes?

We don't have more than three guys 6-8 that can contribute quality minutes. That's my point. In fact, we only have two. Right now, ON and Fulky are that. Maybe you can say BHH will become that real soon. So I'll give you that we have 2.5. And, to further bolster my point, BHH has only experienced mid-major competition, and ON has looked good against these early teams, but I'm unconfortable thinking about how they will fare against the big time competiton coming up this coming weekend.

Couldn't watch the game. How was Aidoo? Any chance he will contribute soon after his conditioning picks up?

OK, he had a couple of good games against low majors. Let's just leave it there for now.
I clarified in a later post I meant if he takes another leap next year similar to this year. I was watching the game and sent the post saying he would be.

BHH was sleep walking a bit today.

By January ON, Fulk, and BHH will be taking almost all of the post minutes with JJJ sliding over to the 4 for a few spells now and then. Uros and/or Aidoo will be insurance in case injuries or foul trouble come into play. Uros would get minutes against twin tower type of front lines if we face any.

I bet that CRB keeps giving Uros a handful of non-mop up minutes every week to keep him engaged and to be ready if he gets thrown into the mix after that injury/foul trouble scenario.
Yep. Barnes knows what he's doing despite the opinions of a few malcontents

Whether Powell passes Vescovi or not, doesn't matter to me, but Powell needs 20 minutes a game, that 3 ball is Steph Curry like, automatic

Reactions: Flovol
Whether Powell passes Vescovi or not, doesn't matter to me, but Powell needs 20 minutes a game, that 3 ball is Steph Curry like, automatic
He's got to give effort on D if he wants to play more. His 3 PT shooting is lethal and it needs to be utilized. He'll only get more minutes as his defensive effort improves

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Fulk getting 10 rebounds made me smile. I wanted 10 and 6 from Fulk, but the 10 boards, 6 points is even better for this team, even tho I thought it would be vice versa

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
I disagree, but I’m not going to try and argue it. People are welcome to like who they like.

I like how Santi plays definitely not the most talented guy on the team though.
It
It sure is tough for a guy to get any real information on our beloved vols when you two little boys hog the message board with your petty arguments. why don't you children meet somewhere and duke it out and let us enjoy some real basketball talk. Thanks

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
It
It sure is tough for a guy to get any real information on our beloved vols when you two little boys hog the message board with your petty arguments. why don't you children meet somewhere and duke it out and let us enjoy some real basketball talk. Thanks

Did you mean to quote me?

He played under 2 minutes.
I didn't say it was a large sample size just what I observed in that time... also if he got yanked after being on the court that little and replaced by a walk on after 2 min what's that say? I doubt he was gassed.
Edit: I'm pretty sure he classed up like BHH the difference is one is physically ready to bang down low in college the other doesn't appear to be.

It’s 2 games in the season, and despite BHH being off he still grabbed 6 rebounds.

“Thin” is about depth, which we have. How they perform is tbd. But when’s the last time we had more than 3 guys that were legit 6’8” and can contribute quality minutes? Not gonna have 3 or 4 bigs pushing a double double on the team, not enough minutes for that when we’re a guard heavy team.
BHH can’t look good when he barely gets down the floor and they Jack up a three

It

Well it is the in-game thread. Brawling is to be expected. Usually BTO puts up a post game thread and we’re a bit more civil to each other. Unless a persistent troll starts some ****, in which case I might need a mod to tell me to “knock it off”.

Since last year:

JJJ seems much more confident and has emerged as a solid team leader.

ORN now drives to the basket from the perimeter.

Vescovi is better at going to his right when defended tight.

And it is early, but Bailey has been efficient when shooting the ball.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Dog

VN Store

Back