The Official 2024 NFL Season Thread

I’d be way more concerned that the Bears don’t trust him to throw the ball more than 5 yards down the field than the turnovers

I’m not worried about any of it. Bears never have good QBs. Oline isn’t good. HC isn’t an offensive guy. Etc etc.

But it’s game 2 of his career. Take a victory lap I guess.

Why the hell did the Texans run a play before the two minute warning? Oh my god what a boneheaded decision

Why is it a requirement for the people holding yard markers on the sideline to be the oldest fkn people ever? These dudes can't move to save their lives and I saw two get injured this weekend. Why is this not a young man's game? It makes absolutely no sense.

This dude tonight just tripped over a marker. It's crazy

Reactions: Plecoptera
It doesn't feel like the Bears line can block long enough for deep pass plays to develop.

If I'm a Bears fan, I'm fine with the performance. The first pick wasn't even a bad pick. It was like a short punt on 3rd and 16 and he gave his guy a chance to go up and get it instead of throwing into the double team.

The other pick is whatever. He got mauled on the play within one second of snapping the ball, he miraculously keeps the play alive and takes a risky throw down two scores in the 4th quarter.

If he took 60 snaps, I bet it'd be hard to criticize even 10 of them.

Odunze dropped a TD. Allen did too last week. Swift had 14 carries for 18 yards.

They gotta help him more.

The concern, if I'm a Bears fan, is that they're gonna get him killed.

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum
Why the hell did the Texans run a play before the two minute warning? Oh my god what a boneheaded decision
The play clock was going to expire with 2:01 left in game . Texans had to run a play or take a delay of game penalty and still run a play before 2:00 minute warning.

Why is it a requirement for the people holding yard markers on the sideline to be the oldest fkn people ever? These dudes can't move to save their lives and I saw two get injured this weekend. Why is this not a young man's game? It makes absolutely no sense.

This dude tonight just tripped over a marker. It's crazy

Sounds almost as crazy as having 60 something year old referee games between the best athletes in the world

Reactions: Plecoptera
On the Manningcast Belichik pointed out Vinatieri didn't have a strong leg, he was just accurate and that he was "saved" by McAfee doing kickoffs. Peyton changed the subject 😂

That was a good call, wide open, I blame Barkley and his hands of stone
Eh, I would've let Hurts run the ball, it wasn't like he didn't have success doing it all game. Plus 2 downs to get 3 yards and you know one of the plays would have been that play I hate with a passion. The tush push🤬🤬

Also Falcons had no timeouts so there's another 40 seconds off game clock, I just think time management of clock should've been a bigger factor.

Last edited:
Eh, I would've let Hurts run the ball, it wasn't like he didn't have success doing it all game. Plus 2 downs to get 3 yards and you know one of the plays would have been that play I hate with a passion. The tush push🤬🤬

Also Falcons had no timeouts so there's another 40 seconds off game clock, I just think time management of clock should've been a bigger factor.
If they take that FG at the first of the game, they do run, eat up 40 seconds and they are up 9. So, a lot of dumb decisions by Philly's coaches, last night

If they take that FG at the first of the game, they do run, eat up 40 seconds and they are up 9. So, a lot of dumb decisions by Philly's coaches, last night

My philosophy is when you are the better team and have favorable conditions (like home field), you always take the points early in the game.

I don't see the point of grinding the other team down the field only to end up with 0 points and all the momentum going the other way now. You're better than them. No need to take gambles early.

Their expected win probability probably shoots up as home favorites if they start the game up 3-0. Instead they started down 0-3.

Reactions: The Dog

VN Store

Back