The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

Just received my approval today for a rimfire Dead Air Mask. Submitted July 15th with a Silencer Shop trust. That makes 6.5 weeks. Not as fast as I hoped, but definitely better than the 9.5 months it took in 2022.

Need some thoughts/recommendations. Wife carries a small .22 Mag revolver in her purse. A "get off me" gun. Unfortunately, she has some arthritis and the gun is single action. I want to get her another gun to carry in her purse. She carries an HK VP9SK in her truck and she is handy with it.

1) gun has to be small. The VP9SK is not.
2) It must be reliable.
3) if semi-auto, trigger safety. I do not want her to have to remember to flip a safety. This is an emergency weapon, if it is pulled, the bad person is up close and personal.
4) she had a Glock 43, but hated it. Might have her try my P365.
5) double action revolver is a good option as well. .38 spl.

My get off me is a Beretta 950B .25 Auto but it does require cocking on the first round. I do not want her having to think if this gun is pulled. Point, pull the trigger, do harm.

***Note*** Corrected to 950B, not 956B. I don't know why 956 sticks in my head, but not the first time I've done this.

Last edited:
Reactions: JustFunnN'Orange
Need some thoughts/recommendations. Wife carries a small .22 Mag revolver in her purse. A "get off me" gun. Unfortunately, she has some arthritis and the gun is single action. I want to get her another gun to carry in her purse. She carries an HK VP9SK in her truck and she is handy with it.

2) It must be reliable.
3) if semi-auto, trigger safety. I do not want her to have to remember to flip a safety. This is an emergency weapon, if it is pulled, the bad person is up close and personal.

My get off me is a Beretta 956B .25 Auto but it does require cocking on the first round. I do not want her having to think if this gun is pulled. Point, pull the trigger, do harm.
S&W Bodyguard 2.0

It's our backup (vehicle) choice.

Reactions: GroverCleveland

2) It must be reliable.

My get off me is a Beretta 956B .25 Auto but it does require cocking on the first round. I do not want her having to think if this gun is pulled. Point, pull the trigger, do harm.
Bought a Ruger LCR .22 Mag for my wife. No hammer, light, 6 rounds, .22 Mag hollows...more damage than .38.

Reactions: GroverCleveland

VN Store

Back