The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

Bought a Ruger LCR .22 Mag for my wife. No hammer, light, 6 rounds, .22 Mag hollows...more damage than .38.
Where's that from?

I've done extensive research (and posted about calibers somewhere in here lol). Nothing I've seen has said .22 Mag is better than .380

*Plus I'll take 13 over 6 all day.

I can't say I know for certain but I would imagine most self defense rounds for 38 special or 380 acp are going to pack more energy than a 22 magnum, unless the 22 mag is coming from a rifle.

Can't put my finger on it now but read article in gun mag sometime back. You are correct that 38 n 32 pack more energy upon impact. The focus of this article was that .22 mag hollow frags and does way more tissue damage than 38 n 32. This article quoted a surgeon saying it did more damage to the body to dig out all the pieces but, then there are infection issues if you don't.

Can't put my finger on it now but read article in gun mag sometime back. You are correct that 38 n 32 pack more energy upon impact. The focus of this article was that .22 mag hollow frags and does way more tissue damage than 38 n 32. This article quoted a surgeon saying it did more damage to the body to dig out all the pieces but, then there are infection issues if you don't.
I don't buy it. Plus, "infection issues" aren't a factor in self defense.

I'll research it tomorrow, but I would bet almost anything that a 38 with SD ammo does significantly more damage than a 22 mag. Like a lot more.

Reactions: Hunter10139

VN Store

Back