The Official #5 Tennessee vs. Vanderbilt Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

We scored less than 60 points against a winless-in-conference Vandy at home. I feel bad for anyone that thinks this is a “win.” LSU about to smoke us.
I think it's a win. We would have lost to LSU tonight but luckily we played Vandy. Notch the win and nice in. Have to figure some things out before Saturday though.

Well, just another normal night of college officiating. Inconsistent

The officials are the least of our problems. Barnes has one helluva dilemma. He's got to rest this team somehow. Do you play the bench and take the losses...in essence sacrifice the SEC title for the NCAAT? Or do you continue to play a short bench and risk an early departure from the tournament. He's paid a ton to make these tough decisions, but I'd give these kids a rest until Saturday. I'd alter my rotation to minimize the minutes I play my starters and let the chips fall where they may. Personally, I don't really care about the SEC regular season title or the SECT title. I want to make some noise in the NCAA tournament. Fans won't like it to be sure. To be #1 for so long then end the season with 2-3 more losses and see UK take the east will be a bitter pill to swallow, but with the way these guys are playing now, I think the SEC title is a pipe dream anyway. The NCAA would be my focus....but I'm not the coach. Gonna be a tough/long row to hoe the rest of the way to be sure.

Reactions: NATHAN05
This is the only thing I will post in this forum tonight.

If you're being hard on our team after tonight's game, you are being just like Jimmy Hyams.

Don't be like Jimmy Hyams.

Reactions: NATHAN05
Not getting much from Alexander. Shots not dropping from the perimeter and they're doubling Williams. Going through our slump late it seems.

I noticed in the Kentucky game, and especially tonight, it really just looks like our guys are exhausted. An ugly win is still a win. Maybe the can rest up before Saturday.

Reactions: DC_Vol
That's not what he said. He said, without Alexander performing, we're not a FF team.
Has that changed? In a week? Have we seen some kind of crazy change in Alexander’s play which has changed the trajectory of this team? He didn’t make that kind of qualification before when he was lauding us as a championship team

Feel free to pay my student loans for the next 10 years if you think I’m a troll
Just because you child goes to UT does not make you a UT fan. For example, I have friends who are married and went to Ole Miss and UT. Both their kids went to Auburn. Do you think they are Auburn fans.

Not getting much from Alexander. Shots not dropping from the perimeter and they're doubling Williams. Going through our slump late it seems.

This is the most glaring issue IMO. Kyle has been almost nonexistent the last couple of weeks, even when he hasn’t fouled out in 10 minutes of play.

Reactions: Vols All Day

VN Store

Back