The Official #6 [2] Tennessee vs. #3 [1] Purdue Game Thread, 2:20 PM ET, ESPN

I'll say again, ZZ looked exhausted. He was not the same player. Our shot selection at times was poor, and we knew what would happen with Awaka and fouls.

41 to 21 free throw disparity in 2 games is just too much to overcome.

I'm sick what Edey has gotten away with, not just against us.

They shot almost 40 foul shots in the 1st game alone....they were close to 80 for both games compared to about 40 for us.

Reactions: davethevol
I cannot understand why fans just can't say the truth. Zeigler had a terrible day, knecht has went cold, and the best shot Barnes had at stopping edey is fixing to play against Duke in a few minutes. You can be a fan and still say Barnes choked again and the team didn't bail him out.
Knecht can't do it by himself against a team like Purdue. Needed all hands on deck to win this one. Didn't happen. Won't dampen my enthusiasm for this season. Just wish the outcome could have been better for Knecht to go out on. Kid has nothing to hang his head about. He balled out in what was more of a final 4 game than elite 8. Too bad some of his mates can't say the same.

awaka was doing a great job on edey inside so i find fault in you referring to aidoo as our best. aidoo was charged with his second foul way out on the perimeter when he's needed down low. ut definitely made critical mistakes and it's over. like many vol fans, i don't like it, but we did make mistakes.

I think you should re-read my post again

What a joke, especially in the 2nd half. If that game is called even remotely down the middle we win easy. Oh well, everyone knew going in what the refs were going to do, but I have to admit even I didn't see that coming. 25 fouls to 12, and about 5 in a row that were just phantoms to put them in the bonus.

What is tough about saying "root for Purdue?"

Are you a Vol fan? Your credentials are seriously in question. Wtf would waste their capital on talking up Edey in this moment?
Am a Vol fan. And proving my cred to you is a waste of my time to you because I could care less what you think. The root for Purdue was a childish response from a child who just lost. Ut lost and Edey played well. For some reason people can’t give credit when it’s due. Plain and simple.

Am a Vol fan. And proving my cred to you is a waste of my time to you because I could care less what you think. The root for Purdue was a childish response from a child who just lost. Ut lost and Edey played well. For some reason people can’t give credit when it’s due. Plain and simple.
People are correctly pointing out that it is insane to think Edey was only called for one foul with all of the moving screens, over the backs and the numerous 3 seconds in the lane violations. To think this didn't impact the game is buffoonery on steroids.

All you’ve done is meat ride Edey this entire time.

You have no credibility.

People are correctly pointing out that it is insane to think Edey was only called for one foul with all of the moving screens, over the backs and the numerous 3 seconds in the lane violations. To think this didn't impact the game is buffoonery on steroids.
Didn’t say it was. I said if the refs are gonna allow it, then why not keep doing it until they call it. Making a statement or trying to create an argument with over something I didn’t say is buffoonery as well.

Probably. You may have to get off of social media. Your minutes are about to be up. And your parents will turn your phone off, kid!!

He did play well but there was little skill involved. If I were scoring 6-foot jump hooks elbowing 5' 8" guys camped in the paint on a 9' goal, I don't think anybody would consider me very skilled but you win on a technicality because there is some skill involved. Edey is a very good college player. I don't consider him to be a skilled hooper. You can be the Vol fan who breathlessly argues that he is. Have at it.

I cannot understand why fans just can't say the truth. Zeigler had a terrible day, knecht has went cold, and the best shot Barnes had at stopping edey is fixing to play against Duke in a few minutes. You can be a fan and still say Barnes choked again and the team didn't bail him out.
Barnes didn't choke. That is stupid. Knecht had 37 points.

VN Store

Back