The Official #7 Tennessee vs. Syracuse Game Thread, 2:30 PM ET, ESPN2

If you consider 8 of our turnovers were totally unforced, you can see how good we have the potential to be.

This would have been a blow out (30 or so) if we played to our potential.

Still a solid W

Reactions: walkenvol
Down Knecht and Awaka, yet still find a way to win. Missed the start of the 2nd, but not sure what happened to their 7.4 footer. He was a brick wall for them.

Reactions: Lurker
This was the Aidoo I was expecting. Hope he will continue to play to his potential. Go Gonzaga. Purdue is bad luck for TN in tournaments.

Great win!! Syracuse played really tough and was better than I thought they were. Won by 17 and not playing our best. Good sign moving forward. GBO!!

Reactions: StoneokeyVol
Hopefully Awaka's injury isn't too serious and they kept him out to be cautious.

Was surprised we didn't see JP in the 2nd half and we also never saw Cade or Carr, both guys with length that I think could have bothered Syracuse.

Syracuse was better than I thought and looked like they had a good game plan early. Really solid win especially with losing Awaka and Knecht missing a big chunk of the second half.

Down Knecht and Awaka, yet still find a way to win. Missed the start of the 2nd, but not sure what happened to their 7.4 footer. He was a brick wall for them.
We went small and played JJJ at the 5 for a good amount of time, which basically means McLeod had to come off the floor. They tried to keep him out there by going zone for a while, but we beat them out of it several times and they had to go back to man. With that small lineup, McLeod is too slow and not in good enough shape to play defense in a man to man.

JJJ and JA came on strong. Like to see ZZ get the steal and layup. SV in the 2nd half was outstanding, created plays for everyone on the court. Mashack had a good game, another team win. Sloppy game but we're getting a good offensive push at times.

VN Store

Back