The Official #7 Tennessee vs. Syracuse Game Thread, 2:30 PM ET, ESPN2

I mean he didn't get the foul and they aren't going to penalize for a review, seems like a good chance to clear his head and get a break plus if they decide it's a flagrant we get shots and the ball... Pretty win win situation I think to ask for it.
Sure, unless they review it and decide there was no touch and he flopped. Then Santi gets technical foul and Cuse gets a FT.

And the game started at about 9:00 am for Tennessee
This may be the worst excuse I have heard in a while. Both teams started the game at the same time if I remember correctly. Not to mention both schools are in the Eastern Time Zone and it was 2:30 by their biological clocks.

Reactions: Tenacjim
I was probably most impressed with Aidoo and JP this game, both rebounded extremely well and were playing hard.

Mashack understanding when he needed to turn it on there in the 2nd half was huge too he turned it up a notch and attacked the rim and those 6 straight points were big.

That's a game where if Santi/ZZ knock down those open 3s early and we may have routed them by 30.

I was stunned that they even mentioned that ridiculous stuff. I seriously wonder are there people who actually care and are interested in it … or is that just ESPN pushing the NFL trying to make it more appealing league? Basically makes me disrespectfully the league more than I do already.
I guess they think they need to drop mentions of that stuff because of some illusion that they are going to pick up viewers from the Swift fans. They drop that crap all the time and it’s ridiculous. Won’t touch tonight’s MNF game, period. Tired of hearing about it.

Got news for them - they don’t care about the Cardinals and Texans matchup or anything else. They will tune out as fast as they (supposedly) tuned in.

Reactions: tennrich1
Sure, unless they review it and decide there was no touch and he flopped. Then Santi gets technical foul and Cuse gets a FT.

But Mintz created the contact and jumped into him, that wasn't a flop at all. It was just whether or not Mintz elbowed him in the face or not.

Either way they stopped playing because Santi was still on the deck so it wasn't a big deal for them to go to the review, hell staff might have been asking for it themselves.

Reactions: walkenvol
But Mintz created the contact and jumped into him, that wasn't a flop at all. It was just whether or not Mintz elbowed him in the face or not.

Either way they stopped playing because Santi was still on the deck so it wasn't a big deal for them to go to the review, hell staff might have been asking for it themselves.
It's just the principle of it for me, I guess. He knows he didn't get elbowed. Just take the ball and play on. Staff didn't ask for anything initially. It was Santi. Maybe they asked again during the break since it went to commercial. Who knows.

Super impressed by Aidoo, James, and Mashack today. Aidoo was a force down low when we didn't have much height, Mashack shut down Mintz, and James was everywhere.

Was also pleased to see Vescovi be so effective even without shooting much.

Also Knect's impact goes without saying at this point.

It's nice to have 2 things working in our favor when we go on scoring droughts:

1. Great defense to keep the opponent from going on a huge scoring run
2. Depth to help kick off the scoring

It's just the principle of it for me, I guess. He knows he didn't get elbowed. Just take the ball and play on. Staff didn't ask for anything initially. It was Santi. Maybe they asked again during the break since it went to commercial. Who knows.

He did get hit in the face though so he might have thought it was the elbow. Cause as they fell Mintz flailed and raked him on the way down.

I think Awaka is probably the only player I've yet to see sell a foul so I don't really care. Grant was notorious for it, as was Fulky.

He did get hit in the face though so he might have thought it was the elbow. Cause as they fell Mintz flailed and raked him on the way down.

I think Awaka is probably the only player I've yet to see sell a foul so I don't really care. Grant was notorious for it, as was Fulky.
It was just as annoying when they did it. We don't have to agree on the idea of selling a foul and whether it's beneficial. But Santi didn't get hit in the face by Mintz's elbow on the way up which is when he tried to sell it. Replay confirmed as much.

Adjusting with Knecht out was huge.

When ZZ, SV, and Gainey get going consistently, we are going to be lethal.
It was an experienced group of guys out there. All having played with with one another for years. Great f'ing, relentless, defense, AND timely baskets. Knocked down free throws

VN Store

Back