The Official #7 Tennessee vs. Syracuse Game Thread, 2:30 PM ET, ESPN2

Good win, great effort and focus at the end to close it out. Tomorrow will be hard against either Purdue or Gonzaga. Zz still finding it and Santi shot is still off. Also, Tobe out more than likely isn’t ideal.
Major positives tho: seeing JJJ healthy is awesome. Such a different player. Mashack won’t get the recognition, but man, is so important to this team. His development is awesome. Backcourt depth showed big time.
Finally. Estrella NEEDS MORE MINUTES

Maybe it’s just me, but this is a first game. I have watched in a long time with the audio up because I needed the noise …I have a dog thats scared of thunder.😂 But it’s borderline insulting for me to watch a sport and have two people explaining to me what I’m watching that I know fairly well ….those guys really got on my nerves! I guess I forgot how annoying it can be.

So this is my take on the last basket:

The shot clock is still running. Syracuse expecting Tennessee to accept taking a violation because of their feelings since they gave up before the game could be closed is asinine. If the shot clock is off, then yes. Boo. But it wasn't. Dumb expectation.

That team will be a tough out by march if they keep improving. Not a bad team at all.
They were extremely physical but seem to lack the skill to win a lot of game. You will know you've been in a game with them when it's done from all the bruises.

Once vescovi starts hitting from 3 he’s going to be fun to watch. Seems like he’s looking to create more this year and we have the pieces to compliment his game finally

Reactions: Plecoptera
JJJ and JA came on strong. Like to see ZZ get the steal and layup. SV in the 2nd half was outstanding, created plays for everyone on the court. Mashack had a good game, another team win. Sloppy game but we're getting a good offensive push at times.
Vescovi has been a great teammate by not demanding shots and adjusting his role. He is playing a great role as a calming presence and facilitator.

Maybe it’s just me, but this is a first game. I have watched in a long time with the audio up because I needed the noise …I have a dog thats scared of thunder.😂 But it’s borderline insulting for me to watch a sport and have two people explaining to me what I’m watching that I know fairly well ….those guys really got on my nerves! I guess I forgot how annoying it can be.
What? You mean you don’t like the mansplaining basketball? Surely you appreciated the Swift-Kelce relationship updates?

So this is my take on the last basket:

The shot clock is still running. Syracuse expecting Tennessee to accept taking a violation because of their feelings since they gave up before the game could be closed is asinine. If the shot clock is off, then yes. Boo. But it wasn't. Dumb expectation.
I agree for the most part. Zieglers body posture made it look like he was just gonna dribble it out though. Standing still doing nothing and then speeds past a guy and throws a lob. Either way not a big deal.

Once vescovi starts hitting from 3 he’s going to be fun to watch. Seems like he’s looking to create more this year and we have the pieces to compliment his game finally
Yea, him creating really helped later in the game. He turned it up when DK went out.

Also, how in the world did we score 73 points. The offense didn’t look smooth good portion of the game. Can’t wait to see this offense when this team is clicking on all cylinders

Reactions: volfaninpa
Yes. Vescovi went to the official and asked for a review by virtue of the officials hand motion for a review.

I mean he didn't get the foul and they aren't going to penalize for a review, seems like a good chance to clear his head and get a break plus if they decide it's a flagrant we get shots and the ball... Pretty win win situation I think to ask for it.

Reactions: berryvol
What? You mean you don’t like the mansplaining basketball? Surely you appreciated the Swift-Kelce relationship updates?
I was stunned that they even mentioned that ridiculous stuff. I seriously wonder are there people who actually care and are interested in it … or is that just ESPN pushing the NFL trying to make it more appealing league? Basically makes me disrespectfully the league more than I do already.

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants

VN Store

Back