The Official #8 Tennessee vs. Florida Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

2 losses to make the playoffs… only have 1 left gotta run the table and only lose to bama or Georgia but holy **** vandy and Kentucky are lurking must wins!

I’m sorry but this team doesn’t look like it belongs anywhere near the playoff a. Wish it weren’t the case, but this team just doesn’t have it. Reminds me of a Botch squad.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Maybe so. I think we’ve feasted on some very bad teams so far. It gets much much harder from here on out.
Yeah so let's hope nico continues to learn and develop (yet that's not seemed to be the case so far) and we just need to give ourselve a shot. SEC is still wide open but we need a little help from Georgia next week with texas

Sorry guys, I got you. 60 years here. Been thru 3 eras of great teams under Dickey, Majors and Fulmer.
But I've also suffered thru Battle, Kiffin, Dooley, Butch and Pruitt.
Jury still out on Heupel. He needs to take a hard look at his assistants at the end of the season.

This. I would think that Ellerbee’s seat is quite warm. But I don’t think Heupel has ever fired an assistant coach when he’s been HC. He may encourage Ellerbee to find greener pastures after the season. Any position coach is judged solely by the product he puts on the field every week. And our OL play has been our glaring Achilles Heel through five games.

Well Gaston has been with Heupel how long and yeah Heupel recruited Nico. What does that tell you ? Who is on the field ? Know what else ? Nico has beaten Florida as a starter he is in a very small group of UT Qbs. The kid is young and he will get better. Heupel needs to get some tackles and protect him. Heard is awful and lazy af.Campbell is hurt. Heupel should call some plays that set up well. It seems everything we run is 20 yards down field. Use TE and backs some.
The ppl wanting gaston Moore in, 😂😂 300 lb losers that don’t know football but think man.. our back up has to be better then the starter right?? 6th year walk on.. yea I’ll take Nico all day everyday bc unlike you clowns, I have confidence him and Nico are gonna be special when it’s all said and done. Bunch of morons.. except the guys that get it good night volnatiom sorry tn won and ruined some of the negas nights mwhahahaha

One more comment before I sign off. Very interesting that they finally had creative play calls in OT. I was expecting them to run it up the middle 3 times times. I think they fooled Florida with the quick throws. Just very confused about the bi polar play calls.

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
He does have happy feet in the pocket from the time he gets the snap… but he is a freshman and he will continue to improve and recruiting, NIL, and transfer portal will be a priority to protect him moving forward!
The problem is that Nico isn’t improving. Partly because his oline is porous and partly because of his own issues.

Reactions: nomads-11
Face it folks, we hoped TN would be better, they aren't

Make a bowl, playoff is gone
Playoff is still there. If we can ride our defense and Sampson/Bishop all the way there then so be it. We fell short against Arkansas, but we are who we are now. Run the ball and play good defense, let’s just hope it works out for the rest of the year.

Reactions: Ned Ray McWorkher
Well Gaston has been with Heupel how long and yeah Heupel recruited Nico. What does that tell you ? Who is on the field ? Know what else ? Nico has beaten Florida as a starter he is in a very small group of UT Qbs. The kid is young and he will get better. Heupel needs to get some tackles and protect him. Heard is awful and lazy af.Campbell is hurt. Heupel should call some plays that set up well. It seems everything we run is 20 yards down field. Use TE and backs some.
Agree on Heard as he appears to be a big NIL miss and Campbell can be counted on for 2-3 backbreaking penalties a game. I think the line overall would look ok with competent qb play.

VN Store

Back