The Official #9 Tennessee @ Wisconsin Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, Peacock

It's a good sign that we scored 80 while struggling from the 3-line, getting very little from Vesci and we had a 6/7 stretch in the first half (from about 11:00 to 4:00 or so) when we played really struggled offensively--had four/five turnovers, missed shots, and didn't score a point for 4 minutes during that period of time.

Like how we take the ball to the basket--important component of good teams, as you can often, at least, draw fouls. I especially like to see James taking the rock to the rim: With his body, he has to play that way. Gainey can play--moves very well, good defender--quick, and can shoot. Ziggy and Vescovi clearly still getting their legs under them, and both will improve. Strong win.

Only got to watch a good bit of the second half after i saw the Utube link. Had to watch less sound. Sooooooo, need to know, did anybody else think there was a lot of head scratching calls and no calls during that portion? Seems like they got by with a lot of contact that brought whistles on our defensive end. Especially on drives to the basket. Just ORANGE colored glasses on my part or not?

Reactions: StrangeVol
Wisconsin was a good team. Hepburn and Storr will take them far. They need more production out of their bench guys. Our bench outscored theirs 23-8.

Their bigs both almost had double-doubles, but that’s due to our smaller lineup. If they get some things cleaned up, they are easily a top 25 team.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Ton of good tonight. Knecht is obvious.

Foul trouble took Vescovi out early. He never forced anything. Was 2-4 from the field, so he knew he didn't need to be taking a lot of shots. He scrapped out 4 boards and played excellent defense in the second half.

Aidoo was excellent. Wisconsin is a big banger team and he played probably more than Barnes planned because Awaka got in early foul trouble too. 5/8 from the floor, never took any really bad shots, played solid D and led the team in rebounds.

Awaka only played 12 minutes, but they were big minutes. 6 points, 4 when they were breathing down our neck and the offense was in a rough spot. And 6 boards.

Excellent game for JJJ. He did everything. 14 on 4/8 shooting, 6 boards. Solid defense.

ZZ and Mashack struggled, 2/8 from the floor. Last year if we had those two struggle and only got 5 from Vescovi, we probably get blown out.
At least early on we appear to be getting the Junior year version of JJJ.

Wisconsin played tough. That was a very good road win.

I’m most excited about how our players from last year are performing at a higher level. It appears that greater talent has taken the pressure off of some and they are playing loose. JJJ for one was way more assertive this game. It’s good to see.

This is just game four counting the exhibition games. This team will get better. SV and ZZ are not playing their best ball yet.

The Maui International will be a huge test. Can’t wait to see how we perform. It’s great to be a Tennessee Volunteer. GBO!

Wisconsin played tough. That was a very good road win.

I’m most excited about how our players from last year are performing at a higher level. It appears that greater talent has taken the pressure off of some and they are playing loose. JJJ for one was way more assertive this game. It’s good to see.

This is just game four counting the exhibition games. This team will get better. SV and ZZ are not playing their best ball yet.

The Maui International will be a huge test. Can’t wait to see how we perform. It’s great to be a Tennessee Volunteer. GBO!
We have a realistic chance to win the Maui. The euphoria in here will be unparalleled if that happens! It’s going to be a fun winter!

Only got to watch a good bit of the second half after i saw the Utube link. Had to watch less sound. Sooooooo, need to know, did anybody else think there was a lot of head scratching calls and no calls during that portion? Seems like they got by with a lot of contact that brought whistles on our defensive end. Especially on drives to the basket. Just ORANGE colored glasses on my part or not?
First 7 minutes they 0 fouls and we had 5. I'm sure CRB pointed that out rather forcefully....seemed like the calls evened out thereafter.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back