The Official Evansville @ #1 Tennessee Knoxville Super Regional Game 3 Thread (Sun. June 9th 7:06PM EST) (ESPNU)

We did that back when we sucked in 2008-2012. Lots of fun. A Bama base coach traded us several handfuls of bubble gum for half of one of our Chipotle burritos one game.

This was back before they were all on TV.
Yeah, our student section has been good for as long as I can remember. I enjoyed it and now the tradition continues with the son. I have to hand it to them now though, they are good - real good.

My son is a student at UT and he says that the regulars are very similar to the old Dog Pound days (I was a 98-01 UT guy, so after those guys). They enjoy using social media to find out all kinds of stuff on the opposing players - their girlfriends, etc., all in good fun of course.
us OG guys didn't have the internet

We relied on media guides. At that time, many even included players' phone numbers.
Sometimes Coach D would give us more info
That was transfer Young lade from Clemson who gave us the scoop on a Clemson pitcher arrested for driving nude in a go-cart.

Yeah, our student section has been good for as long as I can remember. I enjoyed it and now the tradition continues with the son. I have to hand it to them now though, they are good - real good.
We always tried to be funny. One Indiana pitcher was a real dick though, gave us the finger as he went off and did a jacking off motion towards us after an inning.

The most fun were the midweek little teams. Ball State's players started talking back with us (nice stuff) and came over to say they appreciated the fun after the game once.

Nope, ensures all teams play the same number of innings
Pretty sure that was a concession to the broadcast entity (ESPN) on behalf of Greg Sankey. Keeps it all on schedule but denies developing the younger talent. I think he failed to serve the future.

Reactions: ArdentVol

VN Store

Back