The Official Evansville @ #1 Tennessee Knoxville Super Regional Game 3 Thread (Sun. June 9th 7:06PM EST) (ESPNU)

I was there, too. Sure, the stadium was packed. But until the 9th inning it was extremely quiet after we got up 3-0. That’s just a fact. Many times I tried to stand up and get people around me to do something and the crowd just kind of sat there.

I didn’t even specifically call you out. I’m talking very broadly. So if you, personally, feel attacked by that statement then maybe deep down you feel like you could have done more.
They started beating on the seats and it got intense in the 9th, but yes, too much sitting.

I want it to be indistinguishable from a football game in there. Standing and yelling won't unnerve every pitcher but it can get to some. If we as a fan base can do anything to help the team I think we should be doing it. Let the complainers behind you pound sand

Let’s get past this Misery Valley team and run through the best the ACC has to offer. If we can get past FSwho then I like our chances against the Wahoos/Golden Horseshoes in the winners bracket.

This program - just like football and basketball - needs to show that it can get past stuff like this when the spotlight is the brightest. I think they get it done tomorrow but, in all honesty, I am a little worried just based on our track record of laying down in these types of spots during the post-season. Also, we have been a Cinderella’s dream-maker too often in our athletic history.

This program - just like football and basketball - needs to show that it can get past stuff like this when the spotlight is the brightest. I think they get it done tomorrow but, in all honesty, I am a little worried just based on our track record of laying down in these types of spots during the post-season. Also, we have been a Cinderella’s dream-maker too often in our athletic history.
Makes sense and is a valid concern.

They did get Nebraska as a 2 seed. Big Ten sucks at baseball. If they had gotten literally any other 2 seed I don’t think they make it out of that regional.
They beat the 1 seed 2x on their home field with their backs against the wall, how/why is Nebraska the team that helped catapult them? They were top 5 in the country to start the year because they have the talent. It was the new, young talent needing time to gel same as us last year. All while doing it against the toughest schedule in the nation. They took plenty of lumps and are better for it now.

They beat the 1 seed 2x on their home field with their backs against the wall, how/why is Nebraska the team that helped catapult them? They were top 5 in the country to start the year because they have the talent. It was the new, young talent needing time to gel same as us last year. All while doing it against the toughest schedule in the nation. They took plenty of lumps and are better for it now.
They were beating Nebraska 17-6 in an elimination game. That’s all that needs to be said. All the Big Ten teams went 3-6 and none of them made it out of the loser’s bracket. That should tell you all you need to know. That conference sucks at baseball and it’s not even debatable. Wanna guess when the last time a Big Ten won the championship? 1966 Ohio State. Congrats it’s been 58 years since a team from your conference has won 🎉🥳👏🎊🙌🍾🥂

How the Big 10 got 3 teams in is beyond me. They haven’t been good at baseball in 6 decades. Why should that conference get three teams in? Makes zero sense…

Reactions: knoxvol52
They were beating Nebraska 17-6 in an elimination game. That’s all that needs to be said. All the Big Ten teams went 3-6 and none of them made it out of the loser’s bracket. That should tell you all you need to know. That conference sucks at baseball and it’s not even debatable. Wanna guess when the last time a Big Ten won the championship? 1966 Ohio State. Congrats it’s been 58 years since a team from your conference has won 🎉🥳👏🎊🙌🍾🥂
I don’t disagree Nebraska isn’t great but you’re completely discounting the fact that after that they beat a top 11 team 2x on their own field. Now they’ve gone on the road again and took it to a top 8 seed. UF is more than capable of beating USM, DBU, La Tech, Vandy, Louisiana, LSU, Irvine and just about any other 2. The 2’s were extremely weak and it’s why not one single one of them advanced out of the opening weekend.

I don’t disagree Nebraska isn’t great but you’re completely discounting the fact that after that they beat a top 11 team 2x on their own field. Now they’ve gone on the road again and took it to a top 8 seed. UF is more than capable of beating USM, DBU, La Tech, Vandy, Louisiana, LSU, Irvine and just about any other 2. The 2’s were extremely weak and it’s why not one single one of them advanced out of the opening weekend.
And you are completely discounting the fact they play one of the worst 2 seeds in the tournament. If they had played someone like Southern Miss as their 2 seed they very likely go 1-2 and bounced out of the loser’s bracket. People act like these teams are great whenever they actually are a very easy path to where they end up at. Give us Nebraska vs Southern Miss. I would much rather have a Big 10 team vs Southern Miss. not that hard of a decision.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I’d go ahead and go back to Peebles and leave him there for the rest of the year. He ended up with a sac fly today with his one AB and thats the best we’ve gotten lately sad to say. I’ve got faith that Peebles will come up big for us. Let’s not forget he was also 3rd on the team in RBI’s before Tony pulled him.
This

Thank you. I feel like it needs some kind of a backsplash (this is a new build), but I’m not sure if it’s really a necessity or not.

Sometimes it’s hard when yer putting up small samples against a wall, I been in that spot many times. You’ll know as soon as it goes up. Ya talk yer self into, then WTF was I thinking sets in…a little panic sets in. Go for it.

Sometimes it’s hard when yer putting up small samples against a wall, I been in that spot many times. You’ll know as soon as it goes up. Ya talk yer self into, then WTF was I thinking sets in…a little panic sets in. Go for it.
Well right now the kitchen is the least of my priorities. The front and back lawns are #1. Do we plow and seed or hire someone to level and lay sod? #2 is the unfinished basement. I want to put 2 brms, 1 full ba and a living area. My husband’s brother is an electrician, and my dad has been building homes for decades. Plumbing is already set. I feel like we are set up for success, but understand there’s a lot of money and work involved here.

Well right now the kitchen is the least of my priorities. The front and back lawns are #1. Do we plow and seed or hire someone to level and lay sod? #2 is the unfinished basement. I want to put 2 brms, 1 full ba and a living area. My husband’s brother is an electrician, and my dad has been building homes for decades. Plumbing is already set. I feel like we are set up for success, but understand there’s a lot of money and work involved here.

Been going thru that myself. Done what I can do on my own, electric is roughed in, but I’m at the tweener stage, what’s this going to be, how “finished” are we trying to get? Throw baseball into the mix, yard is decent. I just gotta keep at it, it’ll be good when it’s done.

VN Store

Back