The Official Evansville @ #1 Tennessee Knoxville Super Regional Game 3 Thread (Sun. June 9th 7:06PM EST) (ESPNU)

lol yes. I feel like my Vol fandom is gonna be the death of me at some point. My poor husband is at the end of his rope of my fandom getting in the way of our life. We just moved into this home a month ago. We have 3 kids ages 15-6. My oldest is trying to get her first job, and we’re trying to teach her how to drive, plus trying to deal with things that come with a brand new home. It’s hard.

I’m with ya, got a 16 year old, it’s the weirdest thing…not a desire to drive at all. I don’t understand it. The wife, she was in WVA, asked about the game a few times, her idea of sports is wordle. We’ve managed my Vol-ness…for 25 years….give and take.

We got our ass kicked. They were the better team today. Certainly not what I expected, but it wasn't the first time this has happened this year. Vols haven't made a habit of letting that happen to them two days in a row. I don't expect them to start now. We're in our building. We have better position players and better pitchers. I fully expect that to show up tomorrow. 2022 isn't in these kids minds and it shouldn't be in the fans no matter what reporter wants to bring it up in the press conference.

I'm more irritated by the loss than dejected. I hope them boys feel the same. Silver lining is the celebration tomorrow will feel more rewarding now than if we rolled them like a bunch of 10 year olds.
I went to bed kinda down/nervous about things. Today, I feel better. Tennessee got a wake up call. The rally at the end showed that they now have our attention. Even as bad as Tennessee performed, Evansville needed a botched strike 3 call on Kirby and a very questionable home run that looked foul in order to beat Tennessee yesterday.

Tennessee has lost 2 in a row once this year…to Alabama. It hasn’t happened at LNS. Tennessee had won 8 in a row, so was due a loss. Evansville’s pitching is razor thin. Moore should be better. LNS should have its atmosphere back. I think we punch our ticket to Omaha tonight. And when we do, it’ll be better that we got a loss out of the way.

Bad thing is, we have my wife’s birthday dinner with the in-laws tonight, so I’ll miss most of it. Hold ‘em in the road for me boys and gals!

Last edited:
I am terrified today. I’ve watched us lose when it matters most in all of our sports so many times. We should win today we are better but my god I’m so nervous
Just hope for the best and prepare for the worst. I think we can win. But I can easily see us losing.

I agree 100%. It seemed like they were hurrying up their appearances at the plate,chasing anything to get the game over. I told a friend of mine in the 3 rd inning, that’s what it seemed like.
I assure you that was not what they were trying to do. It may seem a certain way to watchers at times, but they are giving their all on each and every AB. Feels are not reals most often.

lol yes. I feel like my Vol fandom is gonna be the death of me at some point. My poor husband is at the end of his rope of my fandom getting in the way of our life. We just moved into this home a month ago. We have 3 kids ages 15-6. My oldest is trying to get her first job, and we’re trying to teach her how to drive, plus trying to deal with things that come with a brand new home. It’s hard.
There is hope. One day the light will go on and you will discover life is much more enjoyable as a very casual fan rather than a diehard fan that lets it control your moods and emotions. Happened to me in my early 50s. I mostly now just look at scores and think “hey they won, cool” or “oh they lost - oh well”.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
I went to bed kinda down/nervous about things. Today, I feel better. Tennessee got a wake up call. The rally at the end showed that they now have our attention. Even as bad as Tennessee performed, Evansville needed a botched strike 3 call on Kirby and a very questionable home run they looked foul in order to beat Tennessee yesterday.

Tennessee has lost 2 in a row once this year…to Alabama. It hasn’t happened at LNS. Tennessee had won 8 in a row, so was due a loss. Evansville’s pitching is razor thin. Moore should be better. LNS should have its atmosphere back. I think we punch our ticket to Omaha tonight. And when we do, it’ll be better that we got a loss out of the way.

Bad thing is, we have my wife’s birthday dinner with the in-laws tonight, so I’ll miss most of it. Hold ‘em in the road for me boys and gals!
Good stuff! I feel the same way. I hope we pour it on, but will take the W any way we can.

I said it earlier In the season. Florida getting to the World Series after being destroyed this year is a crime and major problem in this template. So is ole miss from 2022. I don’t care how hot you get. Same with college basketball. Ehhh just not a fan of these tournament style championships. The NBA is okay it has what the best of seven ? Thats more fair I guess.

Have always felt this way in these sports. But guess I’m a little drunk and salty. Florida though? Florida ??? It was not a catch in 2002. Gnite. Go vols tomorrow!
The thing is in collge, we don't play everyone, so I'm not as salty about that as I am about Major League Baseball, for example. Yes, the Braves won the World Series being the least Wild Card a few years back, but I don't care for it. Last year, Braves had one of the best records in baseball and the hot team that lost far more games gets in.

And you are completely discounting the fact they play one of the worst 2 seeds in the tournament. If they had played someone like Southern Miss as their 2 seed they very likely go 1-2 and bounced out of the loser’s bracket. People act like these teams are great whenever they actually are a very easy path to where they end up at. Give us Nebraska vs Southern Miss. I would much rather have a Big 10 team vs Southern Miss. not that hard of a decision.
The same southern Miss team that was in an elimination game after day 1 after getting blasted by a Big 10 team?

I said it earlier In the season. Florida getting to the World Series after being destroyed this year is a crime and major problem in this template. So is ole miss from 2022. I don’t care how hot you get. Same with college basketball. Ehhh just not a fan of these tournament style championships. The NBA is okay it has what the best of seven ? Thats more fair I guess.

Have always felt this way in these sports. But guess I’m a little drunk and salty. Florida though? Florida ??? It was not a catch in 2002. Gnite. Go vols tomorrow!
Agreed. Tournaments to crown a champion are gimmicky. They are entertaining as heck, but they don’t signify a champion. They simply signify the hottest team in a short period of time. Truest way to signify a champion is how a league such as the English Premier League is structured. Every game matters.

Reactions: JCP201 and PA Vol
Hoping this is the day we see and hear a great Vol victory. First and foremost, I bleed orange, ALUM, contributor, and supporter of Tennessee student athletes, coaches, staff, and everyone who makes this Tennessee. In sports, you win some and lose some. That is life. Some of it is luck and a lot of it is hard work, discipline, study, and coaching. A couple bad innings and you find you dug a hole you cannot get out of. I'm headed to Church. Always pray for the health and safety of the students. Always remember this is "sport" and a "game". With a little luck and championship play today we are on our way to Omaha. If not, thanks for a great season and bring on football.

Let’s face it guys
At home, against any good team, the Vols have a 60-75 of winning.

We swept only a few series this season but won all but 1 series.

Kentucky had more sweeps but lost more series, which is why they tied UT for season title.

Yesterday just happened to be one off those 25-40% days and looked remarkably like game 1 vs UGA where the snowball just ran down hill a bit. Unlike that UGA game though, the Vols were able to fight back

Guess what; the Vols have the same odds to win today as the did Friday and Saturday. Evansville will have to do what Auburn, Georgia, Kentucky, Florida, and Ole Miss couldn’t do- win the rubber match.

The last 2 games it appears the team to their four off the accelerator. They were able to rev back up Friday but got back in the gas too late on Saturday.

Today? We take them off the line, the turbo kicks in in the third and we win going away with a big John Force grin while holding the trophy with a pretty girl who looks suspiciously like Lily from AT&T standing next to us.

Crooked numbers in at least 4 innings

I have no doubts in the players or the coaches being the better team. I also have no doubts that we are up against a cruel fate that wants TN to lose in these situations.

Anyone know of a coordinated attire effort for tonight? I'm hearing it might be dark in LNS.

There is hope. One day the light will go on and you will discover life is much more enjoyable as a very casual fan rather than a diehard fan that lets it control your moods and emotions. Happened to me in my early 50s. I mostly now just look at scores and think “hey they won, cool” or “oh they lost - oh well”.
I think somewhere inbetween is perfect. Enjoy the wins but don’t let the losses ruin your day(week), an hour maybe but limit the broken glass, TVs, kicked dog, yelled at kids to a pillow or two. Sports are a wonderful diversion from the stresses of life. Heaven sent. I read this board instead of the news. When I read the news I think, “oh well, wonder what’s on Volnation”. Thanks @Freak

That being said, it’s a long day waiting for this game to start.

I think somewhere inbetween is perfect. Enjoy the wins but don’t let the losses ruin your day(week), an hour maybe but limit the broken glass, TVs, kicked dog, yelled at kids to a pillow or two. Sports are a wonderful diversion from the stresses of life. Heaven sent. I read this board instead of the news. When I read the news I think, “oh well, wonder what’s on Volnation”. Thanks @Freak

That being said, it’s a long day waiting for this game to start.
100%.

I let Tennessee sports ruin far too many of my younger days.

VN Store

Back