The Official Evansville @ #1 Tennessee Knoxville Super Regional Game 3 Thread (Sun. June 9th 7:06PM EST) (ESPNU)

Been going thru that myself. Done what I can do on my own, electric is roughed in, but I’m at the tweener stage, what’s this going to be, how “finished” are we trying to get? Throw baseball into the mix, yard is decent. I just gotta keep at it, it’ll be good when it’s done.
lol yes. I feel like my Vol fandom is gonna be the death of me at some point. My poor husband is at the end of his rope of my fandom getting in the way of our life. We just moved into this home a month ago. We have 3 kids ages 15-6. My oldest is trying to get her first job, and we’re trying to teach her how to drive, plus trying to deal with things that come with a brand new home. It’s hard.

I partially blame the crowd for that. I know it’s going to rain tomorrow, but the crowd needs to stay in it all night. This team feeds off the energy of the crowd and once we got up 3-0 in the first, the crowd immediately fell asleep and became disinterested in the game today.
The crowd was the least of our problems yesterday.

lol yes. I feel like my Vol fandom is gonna be the death of me at some point. My poor husband is at the end of his rope of my fandom getting in the way of our life. We just moved into this home a month ago. We have 3 kids ages 15-6. My oldest is trying to get her first job, and we’re trying to teach her how to drive, plus trying to deal with things that come with a brand new home. It’s hard.
I remember those days! We are empty nesters, I’m retired, my husband has 2.5 years to go. Looking for a lot in east TN on the water, somewhere close to the mtns. You are in a very busy season of life!

I do think not having their leader in C-Mo out on the field played a small factor.
I'm sure it did, but Moore was still swinging a bat not sitting at home ill or recovering from surgery. If him not playing second impacted this roster which is supposedly laden with MLB talent that much, it's a concern. Add the spotty effort given by some and it's raising some red flags that I frankly didn't think we had to worry about with this years team. Sure doesn't bode well for how this team will handle the pressure of game like this tonight.

You have your children and each other. Life is good and you're blessed.

I am terrified today. I’ve watched us lose when it matters most in all of our sports so many times. We should win today we are better but my god I’m so nervous
Schools from the state of Indiana have inflicted big pain (ND in baseball, Purdue in basketball and football bowl game).

Felt like they lost their edge once they got up by 4. They have to keep their intensity up.
I agree 100%. It seemed like they were hurrying up their appearances at the plate,chasing anything to get the game over. I told a friend of mine in the 3 rd inning, that’s what it seemed like.

Reactions: VOLfrombama
I haven't read all the posts, but I'm putting some blame on Frank.

In that situation, you gotta let the Beamer get his 100 pitches kinda no matter what. Same going forward with him.

We really only have 8 experienced pitchers. The thin pitching staff is our weakness.

Praying Zander has his A stuff. But they are a bunch of old guys who can hit. Therefore, we need to hang 15 runs on them.

One good thing is that they appear to be a somewhat slow afoot team.

lol. We cut our honeymoon short just so I could ward h the Tenn v Iowa kickoff classic in 1987. Now she is just as much of a fan as me.

This program - just like football and basketball - needs to show that it can get past stuff like this when the spotlight is the brightest. I think they get it done tomorrow but, in all honesty, I am a little worried just based on our track record of laying down in these types of spots during the post-season. Also, we have been a Cinderella’s dream-maker too often in our athletic history.
We’ve been in Omaha 2 of the last 3 years. I’d say that’s dealing with the spotlight pretty good. It’s hard to win a NC, period, especially in baseball.

Last edited:
I haven't read all the posts, but I'm putting some blame on Frank.

In that situation, you gotta let the Beamer get his 100 pitches kinda no matter what. Same going forward with him.

We really only have 8 experienced pitchers. The thin pitching staff is our weakness.

Praying Zander has his A stuff. But they are a bunch of old guys who can hit. Therefore, we need to hang 15 runs on them.

One good thing is that they appear to be a somewhat slow afoot team.
I tend to agree with this, Beam has gotten in trouble before and worked out of it to continue another 2-4 innings. Of course hindsight after the fact is easy to pick apart. With that said, the one batter Kirby faced should’ve been K’d and inning over and Snead has been effective of late. It’s baseball and sometimes the unexpected happens. We will be fine today, getting beat yesterday may be the best thing in the long run. If we have another 6 game winning streak, we are national champions. GBO

It appears to me they are much better in their second at bat seeing the same pitcher. With that said, I wouldn't let a pitcher face the same batter twice. Only exception might be bottom of the lineup, but the first batter that gets on base after seeing the same pitcher twice, time for a pitching change. Have two pitchers ready the entire game at any given time.

After being down 4 and coming back to win, they will have the confidence they can do it again, so I'm not sure how big a lead we would need to feel comfortable today. All the pressure is on us and how do we respond? Here's hoping history doesn't repeat itself like 2 years ago when we were the 1 seed.

My 2 cents worth.

Go Vols!!

I think they had 5 or 6 seeing eye hits that just barely snuck through or blooped in played a huge part in their 10 runs as well , Burke smoked a ground ball straight at the second d baseman with the bases loaded I think and Dreilling did too with men on 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs , so there is luck involved some times too

I'm just praying the rain doesn't push this to Monday.
The Aces don't need another day to rest pitching
Well, it looks like prayer would be the only way they play today... and from the rest of the world's news, I gotta figure our game's pretty far down His priority list.
1717937107724.png
What passed through Columbia, TN this morning was full of lightning.

After 11pm, it's rain-free all night and all day Monday.

Lot's of worthy challenges between this team and a CWS trophy. Might as well start facing them now. Good preparation for what's ahead. Winning every game was never going to make us tougher.

And FWIW, both teams will benefit from another day of rest and physical recovery.
I'd be happy with a replay of Friday's game.

Our biggest problem today would potentially being really tight, number one overall seed with high expectations. We'll see what we're made of. Hope we play our best game of the season!

Reactions: VOLfrombama

VN Store

Back