The Official Evansville @ #1 Tennessee Super Regional Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 7 3PM EST) (ESPN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be so awesome to witness this team win a National championship in person. This drive isn’t terrible right? Should I convince my husband? I’ll need to bring a strong argument to the table and be convincing to persuade him lol. If anyone here has been, I’m all ears to advice.
Go! Went last year and had a blast. I will be back this year! If you want details PM me.

Superstitious? lol I am a little, but I believe in this team. They are focused and on a mission.
giphy.gif

My argument would be along the lines of: How many times have we gone to Hoover? How many more opportunities do you think we'll have to go and be healthy enough to go?

THEN I'd balance that against other sporting events you'd like to see in the next 5-10 years. For example, Vols football is on the rise and there will be more post season opportunities and even if those are home games, they're expensive to go to. So think of all the sports related things you'd like to see some day that are on your bucket list.

I like golf and have been to a few Masters, but you might hate golf and only want to travel for Vols football, baseball, baseketball, but what about the Braves? What I'm saying is that you should look at your bucket list when it comes to sports and decide how badly you want to go.

On the plus side, I think, barring injury, Tennessee is the favorite to win it all and I'm sure you'd agree that if you travel you want a high probability of winning the championship if you went through the pain and expense of traveling so far.

As an aside, you debating this brings to mind why I don't like the CWS being played in Omaha. To me it makes way more sense for the CWS to be played closer to the east coast, like Saint Louis. I think it's ridiculously far for most fan bases to travel to a city they'd otherwise never, ever have the desire or reason to travel TO.
I went to the South Carolina game this past October so I had to fly in. A 9.5hr drive to Omaha would be a much cheaper trip.

Nah. We need the newbies to grow the game and pass on the passion to the next generation. When they show interest in learning about our great game, I enjoy answering their questions and appreciate their curiousity.. Just my 2 cents…
This.

Coach TV said the same thing. He thinks it’s a great that his program is bringing new faces to the game. It’s great for the sport as college baseball continues to grow every year.

I went to the South Carolina game this past October so I had to fly in. A 9.5hr drive to Omaha would be a much cheaper trip.
Yeah. I’m in Nashville which is roughly 12 hours. The thought of driving and being in a car is exhausting and hurts my back just thinking about it.

A flight is about $400-$500, depending if one returns Monday or Tuesday. The series is Sat-Monday unless there is a sweep and the series ends Sunday.

Kenton Deverman is a great pitcher, and someone TV had his eye on in high school. He’ll be tough to beat.
He won’t be throwing it by us. He will try to beat us with location and moxie. The key will be for us to work up his pitch count and be patient. They don’t have much bullpen depth. We need to exploit that.

Yeah, should’ve figured y’all wouldn’t be into Jello shots, seeing as you’re now clown LSU fans
Jello shots? Real men....and women...ain't doin' no jello shots. I'll say this tho. More and more women are discovering whisky/whiskey which is both good and bad. It's great to share some good spirits with a lady, but it increases demand and prices. Kind of a catch 22.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Four (4) #16 seeds have made it to the CWS. I hope Tony V. is preaching that to his team. We need to come out ready to play and squash them early and often. Let’s Go Vols and let’s take care of business and not give them any light at the end of the tunnel!!! Let’s get it done!!

Jello shots? Real men....and women...ain't doin' no jello shots. I'll say this tho. More and more women are discovering whisky/whiskey which is both good and bad. It's great to share some good spirits with a lady, but it increases demand and prices. Kind of a catch 22.

Well, LSU fans consumed almost 70K jello shots at last year’s CWS, so they may not be as particular about how they consume their alcohol.

4F6E5A6A-B3DA-4784-A2F5-91FAC59F34F4.jpeg

Reactions: chuckiepoo
That version doesn't have the "woo" in it! lol
It
I was about to mention that. The woo takes it to another level on the irritation scale....and no, I don't "woo" when I sing Rocky Top. Blasphemy to me, but if it gets under the opponents skin, I'm fine with others doing it.
I don’t do the superfluous “woo” either.

I was about to mention that. The woo takes it to another level on the irritation scale....and no, I don't "woo" when I sing Rocky Top. Blasphemy to me, but if it gets under the opponents skin, I'm fine with others doing it.
I am also anti-woo, but since I now know you are, I may have to reconsider my position. 😉

Yeah. I’m in Nashville which is roughly 12 hours. The thought of driving and being in a car is exhausting and hurts my back just thinking about it.

A flight is about $400-$500, depending if one returns Monday or Tuesday. The series is Sat-Monday unless there is a sweep and the series ends Sunday.
We're in the mid-state too, and my son and I are seriously considering driving up for a couple of the early games. It is a long drive though.

Reactions: vol94
Tony B has an interview with their play by play guy. He says they have 11 seniors. Teams like this worry me. Shouldn’t be here, but they don’t know that. If our bats are hot like last weekend, it won’t matter, but this team won’t go quietly.
folks thinking this is going to be a cakewalk may be in a shock, I fully expect this to be a hard fought series, maybe 3 games but in the end, our depth will prevail

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back