The Official Evansville @ #1 Tennessee Super Regional Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 7 3PM EST) (ESPN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad you went. My dad's company has stuff like that and I always looked forward to those kinds of things. This is my first Summer owning a company and I'm trying to pay attention to what people really like that their company does for them and what they could do better in some kind of "dream" scenario, so if you have any thoughts on that, I'd be interested.

Otherwise I rely on my own creativity, which isn't horrible. The impression I want to make is that the employees family is impacted by what I do, so I want to enhance their lives in ways other companies can't, wouldn't or won't. I want it to be "somewhat surprisingly thoughtful"

Anyway, that's why I asked and I'm glad that you went. I could blather more, but it's me just thinking out loud and I've been tossing around ideas with my buddy who is kind of my HR guy. (and of course my mom because she knows what it's like to work and raise a kid etc. etc.
CONGRATULATIONS, Drewbydoo!

Yeah, that's tough trying to figure out what people need who've had more life experiences than you. And you're really dealing with two very different cohorts in the job market right now: younger ones who view work as a contributing factor to their psychological well-being, and older ones (or ones who've been beat down by life) for whom work-is-money-is-surviving another week.

You're also taking ownership in a time when the middle class seems to have been targeted for extinction "for the greater good." That's tough on morale and the usual work ethic motivations of "dreaming the dream" and raising a family. It's uncharted territory for Americans.

But you can always do a lot of listening.

Looking back from when I hit age 40, I realized I had received just as much wisdom from the 8th grade educated roofers I worked with during college and grad school summers, as I did from my most learned, stimulating professors. If you can treat and value that broad a spectrum of people the same individually, you'll earn their trust and become wise beyond your years.

God's blessings on you and your employees in this next stage of y'all's life together.

Yeah, there was pineapple in the chilli lmao. Butter beans too, but that odd choice was clouded by the effing fruit 😂

Pineapple in chili is shocking and I doubt you'll ever forget that. I know I won't because it seems like something a normal person would never, ever even think to put in chilli.

Same for butter beans, but they're closer to the mark because at least they are beans.

Thanks for sharing because it has me chuckling/giggling and smh at the shock value.

:)
🧡

Makes me so proud of this team. So many have said this.
I can't imagine any college team scoring more runs with 2 outs than Tennessee has this season. With the Vols line up, as much as I think they shouldn't pitch to C Mo, ever.... then they have to deal with Burke and then there's Amick etc. It just has to feel smothering because even if a team plays their best, it only approaches an average day for Tenn.

I might be wrong about the above paragraph, but that's how it feels to me. We lose one short stop and replace him with Curley and then Curley is awesome in a slightly different way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back