The Official Evansville @ #1 Tennessee Super Regional Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 7 3PM EST) (ESPN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NC walk-off. Wow
That last hit was just crazy long and right out of a baseball movie like The Natural. I love seeing the pure joy on the winning teams faces and as I attempted to read the faces of WV players, they weren't that dejected because man, did they ever play well too.

I love college baseball so much.

CONGRATULATIONS, Drewbydoo!

Yeah, that's tough trying to figure out what people need who've had more life experiences than you. And you're really dealing with two very different cohorts in the job market right now: younger ones who view work as a contributing factor to their psychological well-being, and older ones (or ones who've been beat down by life) for whom work-is-money-is-surviving another week.

You're also taking ownership in a time when the middle class seems to have been targeted for extinction "for the greater good." That's tough on morale and the usual work ethic motivations of "dreaming the dream" and raising a family. It's uncharted territory for Americans.

But you can always do a lot of listening.

Looking back from when I hit age 40, I realized I had received just as much wisdom from the 8th grade educated roofers I worked with during college and grad school summers, as I did from my most learned, stimulating professors. If you can treat and value that broad a spectrum of people the same individually, you'll earn their trust and become wise beyond your years.

God's blessings on you and your employees in this next stage of y'all's life together.
This worthy of a long reply that I'll get to and post in The Dugout, but we're on the same page or you're very close to what I'm attempting to do for the people working very intensely on a project of mine at GT. They're middle class, but only because they're locked into the low-pay grad school environment and I need to figure out a way of keeping them interested in staying on at GT for another 3 to 7 years and that equates to them going from campus housing type of life to a higher quality of life.

Quick comment on listening: Just by listening to the dean of engineering he added a few zeros to my net worth. The same is true for listening or actively listening to many people I've come across in my first two years of college and like you, that includes the cafeteria people I see every day, the construction guys building out the interior of my condo, people I've come to know in the projects. Listening, then understanding what their concerns and thoughts are is the key to me helping them if I can.

I'm of the same mind you are in that the middle class barely exists and what does exist is being squeezed really hard right now and for the last few years. I can see it by looking at what people buy in the grocery store. I don't think it's possible to eat in a healthy way all the time for people that aren't at least in the middle of middle class and even then, it's difficult and there are many temptations. ie from my mom. Junk food be buy one get one free, but fresh produce? Like baby carrots, nectarines, various greens that are the foundation of a salad? Not so much."

This worthy of a long reply that I'll get to and post in The Dugout, but we're on the same page or you're very close to what I'm attempting to do for the people working very intensely on a project of mine at GT. They're middle class, but only because they're locked into the low-pay grad school environment and I need to figure out a way of keeping them interested in staying on at GT for another 3 to 7 years and that equates to them going from campus housing type of life to a higher quality of life.

Quick comment on listening: Just by listening to the dean of engineering he added a few zeros to my net worth. The same is true for listening or actively listening to many people I've come across in my first two years of college and like you, that includes the cafeteria people I see every day, the construction guys building out the interior of my condo, people I've come to know in the projects. Listening, then understanding what their concerns and thoughts are is the key to me helping them if I can.

I'm of the same mind you are in that the middle class barely exists and what does exist is being squeezed really hard right now and for the last few years. I can see it by looking at what people buy in the grocery store. I don't think it's possible to eat in a healthy way all the time for people that aren't at least in the middle of middle class and even then, it's difficult and there are many temptations. ie from my mom. Junk food be buy one get one free, but fresh produce? Like baby carrots, nectarines, various greens that are the foundation of a salad? Not so much."
Well said! Glad you are off to such a good start in life!
I'll check for you in The Dugout in the morning.

I can't imagine any college team scoring more runs with 2 outs than Tennessee has this season. With the Vols line up, as much as I think they shouldn't pitch to C Mo, ever.... then they have to deal with Burke and then there's Amick etc. It just has to feel smothering because even if a team plays their best, it only approaches an average day for Tenn.

I might be wrong about the above paragraph, but that's how it feels to me. We lose one short stop and replace him with Curley and then Curley is awesome in a slightly different way.

It would be interesting to see those stats. @chuckiepoo?

Reactions: ArdentVol
What’s great win.

I’ll be at the game tomorrow and unable to post much!

You guys better be alert and pull us thru.

Go Vols.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
That last hit was just crazy long and right out of a baseball movie like The Natural. I love seeing the pure joy on the winning teams faces and as I attempted to read the faces of WV players, they weren't that dejected because man, did they ever play well too.

I love college baseball so much.

I was thinking the same thing when Billy Barrels hit the light pole

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back