The Official Evansville @ #1 Tennessee Super Regional Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 7 3PM EST) (ESPN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like all the higher seeds won today. I was hoping for an upset or two. Idk anything about UConn but FL State destroyed them.

I am getting ahead of myself, but how do we match up with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: WillisWG
Unfortunately for you knuckleheads on this chat board I will be unable to “chat” much tomorrow as I will be at the game.

Driving up from north Metro Atlanta at 0-dark-thirty is no fun but tomorrow’s game should be excellent.

I fully expect you all to carryo the “flag” as you do and pull us thru! Isn’t it great to be a Volunteer!!!

IMG_6579.jpeg

Evansville CF with a tip of the cap by pulling a Drew Gilbert style wall crash, in all seriousness glad he’s ok, looked and sounded rough.
Didn’t get up for a minute. M*A*S*H trotted out to the warning track in CF. Sucked watching that. Dude was giving his all and caught a beisbol in the noggin.

“I don’t think we were as loose as I wanted us to be,” Carroll would say later. “I don’t feel like our dugout was as excited and engaged and we discussed that after the game. It was suffocating, the crowd, the atmosphere.”

Or as second baseman Cal McGinnis puts it. “It’s a little different coming in here.”

You hang in for a while. You get a 2-1 lead on a McGinnis homer, fall behind 5-2, tie 5-5. But Tennessee is a wave that cannot be held back. The Vols keep homering 161 . . . 162 . . . 163 . . . — and score five runs with two out. “It’s very challenging to get the third out of every single inning. It just is,” Carroll says afterward. “It’s the most dangerous lineup I’ve seen in my 16 years as head coach, just what they’re able to do with the barrel and their approaches at the plate, I felt like our pitchers did a really good job but if you look at the stat lines it shows different.

“We understand as an offense we need to hang with them and that’s a tough strategy, especially in this ballpark with that talented a lineup, but we’re going to give it a go tomorrow.”

That last hit was just crazy long and right out of a baseball movie like The Natural. I love seeing the pure joy on the winning teams faces and as I attempted to read the faces of WV players, they weren't that dejected because man, did they ever play well too.

I love college baseball so much.
Hard to beat a WalkOff.

“I don’t think we were as loose as I wanted us to be,” Carroll would say later. “I don’t feel like our dugout was as excited and engaged and we discussed that after the game. It was suffocating, the crowd, the atmosphere.”

Or as second baseman Cal McGinnis puts it. “It’s a little different coming in here.”

You hang in for a while. You get a 2-1 lead on a McGinnis homer, fall behind 5-2, tie 5-5. But Tennessee is a wave that cannot be held back. The Vols keep homering 161 . . . 162 . . . 163 . . . — and score five runs with two out. “It’s very challenging to get the third out of every single inning. It just is,” Carroll says afterward. “It’s the most dangerous lineup I’ve seen in my 16 years as head coach, just what they’re able to do with the barrel and their approaches at the plate, I felt like our pitchers did a really good job but if you look at the stat lines it shows different.

“We understand as an offense we need to hang with them and that’s a tough strategy, especially in this ballpark with that talented a lineup, but we’re going to give it a go tomorrow.”

I really wish they were in a different super. I would cheer like hell for these guys if they weren’t playing us.

If you want to feel good about Vols Baseball, just watch SEC Now show.

The superlatives are nice to hear and they have the stats to back it up. It is truly a nice tribute without it trying to be a tribute and the 3 journalists taking the viewer through all of todays games, tomorrow's games and talk about who's doing well.

Next game is 11AM EST if I remember correctly.

hahaha. Carla said "Good job. Ya'll sucked the life out of them"

Reactions: WillisWG
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back