The Official Evansville @ #1 Tennessee Super Regional Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 7 3PM EST) (ESPN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very happy with the result because I did see the remaining portion of this thriller at Texas Roadhouse on a working Friday.

It didn’t surprise me that Evansville showed the ability to comeback, however it was fruitless since their defense wasn’t able to defend when needed greatly late.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
So I had to Google this pineapple chili idea. It’s apparently a thing. Tons of recipes come up - most reference Hawaiian chili. So there you have it. Lucky it didn’t have Spam in it too.

I just came back from Hawaii and I must say, pineapple on chilli was AMAZING!!!! In fact, I had pineapple on a lot of odd things over the last 10 days. Even visted the Dole Pineapple plantation.

I missed the beginning of this thought on the thread, but I gotta say that pineapple in chili seems very wrong. I guess I’d try it, but doesn’t sound like a good idea.

I love pineapple, even came around on the pizza deal! It’s not bad, but chili? Some things you just shouldn’t do.
I’ve missed it too, but it sounds excellent to me. Pineapple pairs strangely well with fatty, savory food. Thai pineapple fried rice at a very high spice level is one of my favorite foods. I’ve never heard of or even thought about pineapple in chili, but I’m intrigued.

I’ve missed it too, but it sounds excellent to me. Pineapple pairs strangely well with fatty, savory food. Thai pineapple fried rice at a very high spice level is one of my favorite foods. I’ve never heard of or even thought about pineapple in chili, but I’m intrigued.
My husband said it made it too sweet. I’m a fan of mixing savory and sweet but only for certain things, and sweet things just don’t belong in chilli.

Would you try it?

I hate spam

I actually grew up eating spam. My dad would fry it so I'm not adverse to it, but no I passed while there. Had plenty of more appetizing options ha. I will say I have about 15 packets in the pantry here at home due to it's long shelf life as part of our hurricane preparedness rations.

Reactions: vol66 and DirtyDawg
Yeah, I’ve had a variation of the Thai dish you mentioned. It is kinda sweet and spicy with cashews I think. It’s awesome, one of my favorites. I agree, pineapple does oddly enough pair well with fatty savory foods. Who knows, maybe it is good in chili? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: Volstylexx
They like miracle whip here and put it in everything. Case closed.
I lived in Canada for many years and some of them think miracle whip is the same as Mayo. Seriously, they don’t understand the difference! I learned quickly to ask for real Mayo and make sure it wasn’t miracle whip at restaurants and sandwich shops. They do have very good food but they often ruin it with miracle whip.

Yeah, I’ve had a variation of the Thai dish you mentioned. It is kinda sweet and spicy with cashews I think. It’s awesome, one of my favorites. I agree, pineapple does oddly enough pair well with fatty savory foods. Who knows, maybe it is good in chili? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yes! There are cashews in it! That’s what I’m saying; it sounds like it might be good, so I want to try it now! We’re gonna have to start a thread about it now. Haha. Thanks @Proud Army Wife !

My husband said it made it too sweet. I’m a fan of mixing savory and sweet but only for certain things, and sweet things just don’t belong in chilli.
I’ll have to try it myself. Perhaps, there was too much pineapple? Perhaps, husband tried it expecting it to suck? The brain is a powerful enemy. The idea of this chili puts me in mind of Peach salsa and I like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back