The Official Florida @ Tennessee Weekend Series Thread (Thurs. 4/6 8PM EST) ESPNU (Fri. 4/7 7PM EST) SEC Network (Sat. 4/8 2PM EST) ESPN 2

WTF is wrong with these guys? Swing the damn bat, you’re not getting the calls so guard the plate!
Something is going on. Our really good pitching staff can’t get anyone out, our hitters act as if they have never seen a bat, and our defense looks like little leaguers. Time to do a gut check. I am baffled.

Reactions: Butch s
F9796989-42A9-4CA1-9250-A3508D1AD69E.png
My uncle who played at UT has passed, but my dad (his brother) was just as good. Went the JUCO route.

Admittedly, I am nowhere near the player they were. They had records at my high school. I never sniffed one. But this is my dads take from the game yesterday.

I know I put it in that game thread.. but it’s applying here as well. I agree with everything he’s said more and more with every passing inning.

Reactions: vol66
is this team talented yes it is, is this team seasoned no. I stated earlier in year this year will be growing pains next year they should flourish.Do I think they will make NCAA they should would it surprise me if they didn't no it would not.Tennessee lost 8 regulars off last year's team very hard to replace that productivity damn near impossible.Now for the pitching there is no excuse why we shouldn't be elite all 3 weekend starters were back Dollander is not consistent this year,Burns only throws middle in fastballs and a few sliders no off speed pitch that will catch up with you eventually and Beam has been most consistent.That is my personal view I may be wrong on some but damn sure not on all.One last thing the conversation earlier about Missouri cold weather and such that may be true but Florida is warm all year and the Gators seem to be okay so that theory may not be legit just saying

View attachment 545383
My uncle who played at UT has passed, but my dad (his brother) was just as good. Went the JUCO route.

Admittedly, I am nowhere near the player they were. They had records at my high school. I never sniffed one. But this is my dads take from the game yesterday.

I know I put it in that game thread.. but it’s applying here as well. I agree with everything he’s said more and more with every passing inning.

So your dad is faulting Tony for this year’s lack of chemistry but giving no credit for last years chemistry? Did I read that correct.

Whenever half the conference is ranked in the top 10 and 4 of the top 5 teams in the country reside in the SEC, this is what you are going to get sometimes. You could be the 7th best team in the conference but also be the 10th best team in the country. It comes with the territory of having the most talent-rich conference in possibly all NCAA sports.

So your dad is faulting Tony for this year’s lack of chemistry but giving no credit for last years chemistry? Did I read that correct.
Jesus dude, no. It’s cut off but he acknowledges this team was put together in 2-3 months after tony realized he was losing everyone.

Still thinks this is inexcusable. Because it is.

VN Store

Back