The Official Florida @ Tennessee Weekend Series Thread (Thurs. 4/6 8PM EST) ESPNU (Fri. 4/7 7PM EST) SEC Network (Sat. 4/8 2PM EST) ESPN 2

Whenever half the conference is ranked in the top 10 and 4 of the top 5 teams in the country reside in the SEC, this is what you are going to get sometimes. You could be the 7th best team in the conference but also be the 10th best team in the country. It comes with the territory of having the most talent-rich conference in possibly all NCAA sports.

Too logical for tonight’s crowd.

Whenever half the conference is ranked in the top 10 and 4 of the top 5 teams in the country reside in the SEC, this is what you are going to get sometimes. You could be the 7th best team in the conference but also be the 10th best team in the country. It comes with the territory of having the most talent-rich conference in possibly all NCAA sports.
No argument there, but I'd hope we'd play sound, fundamental baseball and show some fight night in and night out. If a team is just better, so be it, but they way the team is playing right now....that's a bitter pill to swallow.

Reactions: VolunteerCeltic
No argument there, but I'd hope we'd play sound, fundamental baseball and show some fight night in and night out. If a team is just better, so be it, but they way the team is playing right now....that's a bitter pill to swallow.

I think we all want a team that plays fundamentally solid baseball but it doesn’t always work out that way. Inexperience? Chemistry? I don’t know the answer… I’m not a coach.

Sometimes really talented team just don’t play solid with the fundamentals. 2021 LSU comes to mind. Horrid defensive team and still made it to a Super Regional.

VN Store

Back