The Official Florida @ Tennessee Weekend Series Thread (Thurs. 4/6 8PM EST) ESPNU (Fri. 4/7 7PM EST) SEC Network (Sat. 4/8 2PM EST) ESPN 2

Yeah Moore posing but hasn’t done anything in almost two complete games.

That’s just asinine.

I hear what you are saying, but the players have to stay loose and try to have fun while fighting adversity. I know you know this but ⚾ is more of an individualistic sport than the others.

Edit- I’m old school and don’t care for the shenanigans and “see me” antics in all sports, but it’s the world we live in. I rather see the Barry Sanders approach.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
I’m genuinely interested in why folks say this. Can you provide some specifics on how we are showing no desire to win?
I think the fans want to see characters and emotion. This whole town got behind a really charismatic team. Not seeing that, they take it to mean they don't have the desire. I just take it to mean that they're still seeking their own identity and, honestly, they don't have it yet

Reactions: taylorvol

That’s just asinine.
So? There are studs in the majors that can go an entire week without getting a hit. I remember Chris Davis had an 0-54 streak on a $180M contract…

If he didn’t do anything, you’d say he didn’t care. They do it after every double. It’s not showing anyone up

That’s not even the point. It’s just stupid. Getting drilled yet celebrate a dbl while getting drubbed in your own stadium.

I hear what you are saying, but the players have to stay loose and try to have fun while fighting adversity. I know you know this but ⚾ is more of an individualistic sport than the others.

Edit- I’m old school and don’t care for the shenanigans and “see me” antics in all sports, but it’s the world we live in. I rather see the Barry Sanders approach.

It’s just asinine. Noting to celebrate when you’re getting drubbed.

Reactions: vol94 and 87&91ALUM

That’s just asinine.
I know we have a lot of new starters, so growing pains are to be expected. The lack of effort or desire to win is absolutely inexcusable
If you try to show fire or pump up your confidence, you are asinine. If you don’t show any excitement, you have no desire to win. This is how it works, don’t you know? 😉

It’s just buzzwords for people who don’t know what they are talking about
Am genuinely interested in knowing why they feel that way or if it is indeed just being mad that we’re losing. We tend to throw around phrases like that all the time in sports but I’ve rarely seen a game (in any sport) where it looked like TN really didn’t care (SC. Football last year maybe 🤔 SIGH).

I know we have a lot of new starters, so growing pains are to be expected. The lack of effort or desire to win is absolutely inexcusable
Go try to hit a 95+mph fastball with movement and then try to go hit an 85+mph slider that looks like the previous fastball and breaks away from your bat at the last second. And after that try to go hit a 75+mph change up that looks like the previous two pitches out of the hand and drops off below your bat at the last second and get back to us.

So? There are studs in the majors that can go an entire week without getting a hit. I remember Chris Davis had an 0-54 streak on a $180M contract…

Getting struck out 4 times looking last last night then glaring at the umpire is t a good look for a college player. And this particular isn’t a $180 mill contract player.

It may be time to change up the weekend starters, the bullpen has been shutting teams down.

VN Store

Back