The Official Florida @ Tennessee Weekend Series Thread (Thurs. 4/6 8PM EST) ESPNU (Fri. 4/7 7PM EST) SEC Network (Sat. 4/8 2PM EST) ESPN 2

Go try to hit a 95+mph fastball with movement and then try to go hit an 85+mph slider that looks like the previous fastball and breaks away from your bat at the last second. And after that try to go hit a 75+mph change up that looks like the previous two pitches out of the hand and drops off below your bat at the last second and get back to us.
People do it everyday tough guy. Wise up

Am genuinely interested in knowing why they feel that way or if it is indeed just being mad that we’re losing. We tend to throw around phrases like that all the time in sports but I’ve rarely seen a game (in any sport) where it looked like TN really didn’t care (SC. Football last year maybe 🤔 SIGH).
I definitely think it’s anger lol but also I absolutely think it’s just an easy buzzword to use. They have no actual substantive information and saying someone doesn’t care or doesn’t show effort hides the lack of knowledge of the sport

Far from it. I’m a proud Braves fan, but most of all a baseball fan in general. My favorite sport in the world.
Good myself also grew up on baseball longtime Dodger fan all my male family members for years are Dodger fans don't know why but we are

I definitely think it’s anger lol but also I absolutely think it’s just an easy buzzword to use. They have no actual substantive information and saying someone doesn’t care or doesn’t show effort hides the lack of knowledge of the sport
Tell me honestly who on this team tonight has shown effort or a desire to beat Florida

Go try to hit a 95+mph fastball with movement and then try to go hit an 85+mph slider that looks like the previous fastball and breaks away from your bat at the last second. And after that try to go hit a 75+mph change up that looks like the previous two pitches out of the hand and drops off below your bat at the last second and get back to us.
We are not being paid or getting a free education to be baseball players. Agree comments kinda low but, hey, Tennessee play kinda at a low place right now. Cmon Vols!

Reactions: volz2wallz
If he didn’t do anything, you’d say he didn’t care. They do it after every double. It’s not showing anyone up

Is that "Hands Across the Face" gesture we do after hitting a double a reference to Kevin Costner's same gesture from Bull Durham
when he predicts a lead-off home run in the dugout and then hits one over the left field wall ?

Is that "Hands Across the Face" gesture we do after hitting a double a reference to Kevin Costner's same gesture from Bull Durham
when he predicts a lead-off home run in the dugout and then hits one over the left field wall ?
Drew Gilbert made it up. It literally means nothing.

You’re either a miserable person or just dumb. Honestly I think both

Whatever. You can carry on with excusing how this team plays. You have to resort to insulting me directly.

This team is better than they have been playing but they bought their own hype. You don’t just walk on the diamond and win in this league.

But yeah you “know” baseball all right.

We may have lost, but the student section was at least entertaining from about the 5th inning on with the first sight of people chirping this year

VN Store

Back