The Official Florida @ Tennessee Weekend Series Thread (Thurs. 4/6 8PM EST) ESPNU (Fri. 4/7 7PM EST) SEC Network (Sat. 4/8 2PM EST) ESPN 2

The NegaVols love pouncing when the going gets tough. Some of these posts would be comical if they weren’t being serious.
They were gone from the 2nd game of the season until now. I’ve got to mark that down as the NegaVol Hibernation Period for next year.

Reactions: taylorvol
So where do we go from here. If we win tomorrow does it redeem tonight and yesterday ?
No, IMO. But we still need it badly. Don’t want to be 4-8 staring down the barrel of Arky and Vandy back to back. Season could go completely off the rails if we go to the pig trough after a home sweep

People associate striking out looking with no effort because they have no idea how difficult it is to hit or even pull the trigger sometimes
Doesn’t look like Florida had any trouble hitting or pulling the trigger. Not sure if you ever played the game, but way too many watched 3rd strike go by. You have a bat to hit the ball, you can’t hit it if you don’t use it

I still think we need to go back to jawing and flipping people off and wearing the daddy hat. I think taking all of that away and trying to be a “normal” team has been like cutting Samson’s hair. We need our mojo back to break out of this.

Doesn’t look like Florida had any trouble hitting or pulling the trigger. Not sure if you ever played the game, but way too many watched 3rd strike go by. You have a bat to hit the ball, you can’t hit it if you don’t use it
First thing we agree on! There were definitely way too many backwards Ks. But that doesn’t mean it’s a lack of effort. Timidity, lack of confidence, not seeing it well, etc.

So where do we go from here. If we win tomorrow does it redeem tonight and yesterday ?
If we weren't at home, I'd say so. Losing a home series hurts. Getting swept considering what's still ahead would be crushing. We're in a bit of a hole. Might be a good idea to stop digging and that starts tomorrow....I hope.

Last edited:
Reactions: 87&91ALUM and vol66

VN Store

Back