The Official Florida @ Tennessee Weekend Series Thread (Thurs. 4/6 8PM EST) ESPNU (Fri. 4/7 7PM EST) SEC Network (Sat. 4/8 2PM EST) ESPN 2

Doesn’t look like Florida had any trouble hitting or pulling the trigger. Not sure if you ever played the game, but way too many watched 3rd strike go by. You have a bat to hit the ball, you can’t hit it if you don’t use it

I'm wondering if this team is trying too hard to emulate last years lineup in terms of their excellent ability to be patient at the plate and make the opponent throw a lot of pitches.
If a hitter has not developed this skill yet, it can create a lot of hesitancy in them and take away their natural aggressiveness.
Seems a lot of our guys look confused and unsure of themselves at the plate.

Whatever. You can carry on with excusing how this team plays. You have to resort to insulting me directly.

This team is better than they have been playing but they bought their own hype. You don’t just walk on the diamond and win in this league.

But yeah you “know” baseball all right.
Do you ever post when TN is winning? I May have missed it but you seem to only be around during the losses telling us how awful everyone is. Just wondering…

Reactions: VolPack22 and MAD
Maybe we should let our bullpen pitch the first 4-5 innings. Reverse psychology and they’ve been automatic lol. Kind of takes away the bullpen advantage when you’re in a 5-6 run deficit when you give them the ball🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
I still think we need to go back to jawing and flipping people off and wearing the daddy hat. I think taking all of that away and trying to be a “normal” team has been like cutting Samson’s hair. We need our mojo back to break out of this.

Florida is very impressive. Much better than LSU in my opinion. Tennessee looks like a group of freshmen & sophomores, which for the most part they are. Florida looks a lot like Tennessee last year. Hopefully they can find a way to salvage one tomorrow

Last edited:
I'm wondering if this team is trying too hard to emulate last years lineup in terms of their excellent ability to be patient at the plate and make the opponent throw a lot of pitches.
If a hitter has not developed this skill yet, it can create a lot of hesitancy in them and take away their natural aggressiveness.
Seems a lot of our guys look confused and unsure of themselves at the plate.
Agreed

Hopefully we go to even in our SEC record and finish at least 1 over even. Tony will make the right changes to get us there.
Go back to the PF, you Arky fan!

Oh wait, you said something nice..... I'm not used to this... Did McDad hack your account?

Reactions: hog88 and VolPack22
We should start a VolNation softball team and then could have posters critique all of the players and tell us how awful they are, how they have no heart, and how they don’t want to be there. It would be so much fun.

Reactions: VolPack22
We should start a VolNation softball team and then could have posters critique all of the players and tell us how awful they are, how they have no heart, and how they don’t want to be there. It would be so much fun.
Y’all don’t want none of this! 🤣

VN Store

Back