The Official Florida @ Tennessee Weekend Series Thread (Thurs. 4/6 8PM EST) ESPNU (Fri. 4/7 7PM EST) SEC Network (Sat. 4/8 2PM EST) ESPN 2

I guess you define a slump over the course of 2 days. He did hit one off the wall today. Well—You have certainly solidified your status as CNO. Chief NegaVol Officer. For you, perhaps it should be CAO. Chief Assanine Officer. LOL.

I never said he was in slump. My comments were very specific about Moore’s at bats last night and tonight.

Ok mr orange colored glasses - everything is candy, nuts, presents, rainbows, etc.

To say that this team isn’t having issues, struggles, and problems is delusional.

Reactions: Frozevol
No question Moore doesnt appear to be “zoned in” this series thus far. Tonight he swung at 2 bad pitches early then let strike 3 go right by. He did get a good hit the last inning maybe that wakes him up. He’s a better player than what he’s shown Fla thus far.

I agree completely. He is a much better player than he has shown this series.

Hey let’s be careful. We wouldn’t want this jackwagon to stop watching. The baseball team will lose so much sleep over losing this “fan”.

Interesting fact about me - four decades of TN baseball fandom. Three plus decades of TN season baseball tickets with no end in sight.

So ok. You’re a better fan than me.

I never said he was in slump. My comments were very specific about Moore’s at bats last night and tonight.

Ok mr orange colored glasses - everything is candy, nuts, presents, rainbows, etc.

To say that this team isn’t having issues, struggles, and problems is delusional.
This team has lots of room for improvement including infield defense, base running, hitting with RISP, to name a few. Replacing the entire hitting lineup, having zero position players with full time starting experience at UT, and coming after a season of arguably the best team in UT history, I absolutely expected a drop off. It was ridiculous to be ranked #2 in preseason and all of the additional pressure it put on this young team. For comparison purposes, Last years team was #32 in preseason. Still time to regroup and get better. I just choose to look at glasses half full Vs half empty.

This team has lots of room for improvement including infield defense, base running, hitting with RISP, to name a few. Replacing the entire hitting lineup, having zero position players with full time starting experience at UT, and coming after a season of arguably the best team in UT history, I absolutely expected a drop off. It was ridiculous to be ranked #2 in preseason and all of the additional pressure it put on this young team. For comparison purposes, Last years team was #32 in preseason. Still time to regroup and get better. I just choose to look at glasses half full Vs half empty.

I do not disagree with 99% of this post. But I’m not not a half empty - half full person. I’m a realist.

I am hopeful that this team will improve - will “wake up” - blend - or do that mysterious thing in team sports where they come together and something clicks. And when that happens they start running thru their opponents.

Interesting fact about me - four decades of TN baseball fandom. Three plus decades of TN season baseball tickets with no end in sight.

So ok. You’re a better fan than me.

Taking that, at face value, as true. That would mean you’ve lived through your fair share of mediocre baseball, to even bad baseball. Anyone who’s watched 40 years of any baseball, played baseball, coached baseball possibly…I think would understand the up and downs of baseball. Expectations, because of pitching, mainly, were very high, maybe unreasonably. We just don’t freak out around here. The game threads can become silly, literally freaking out in the bottom of the first inning at 3-0. I don’t care who you are, how much baseball you know or watch, that’s ridiculous.

Everyone here knows tomorrow is huge. Next week is gonna be huge. The week after that will be huge. I see some of what you see, others see, I just choose to follow the decorum we have in place here.

I hope we can get it turned around, we play an incredibly tough schedule, but you know that already.

I’ve often thought how hard it would be to be a parent of one of these players, knowing a bunch of the others and their families, and hang out on this board. While this board is better than most, we can be relentless.

Appreciate your presence here, and your contributions. (You too, @greasemachine, just stay on the couch the rest of the series, please. 😉)
Funny and thanks. At home, during games, I am pretty superstitious, like not moving, etc., but the weekend home series, I am at all 3 games, so no couch. Me walking away and getting something to eat at the game, almost always results in something good happening on the field (I take full credit for Hoover last year, it never failed, as soon as I got something to eat, huge results. You are welcome).I will eat my way to a winning record 😉

Something I noticed early last night before the wheels fell off. It seemed like each time they showed the Florida dugout, there were a lot a smiling faces etc. They looked loose and like the were having fun. Our dugout, not so much. I know it was just one game and I could be WAY off... Anyone else notice this?
Yes. It does not look like they are having fun playing ball.

Something I noticed early last night before the wheels fell off. It seemed like each time they showed the Florida dugout, there were a lot a smiling faces etc. They looked loose and like the were having fun. Our dugout, not so much. I know it was just one game and I could be WAY off... Anyone else notice this?
Winning is fun. Losing...not so much. They're getting spanked and they know what's being posted on social media. The pressure is ticking up with each loss. Hard to expect lots of fun and smiles in the dugout.

Yes you can go right out of high school, it's just once you make the decision to play college, you are committed there for 3 years.

A similar rule would be good for college basketball.
But what i meant was it would be nice if you had to go to college. We have lost some good talent recently because they chose the draft. But everyone can say that among top programs.

Sounds like Tennessee dugout the last two years. Winning easily does that.

I’ll give them 25 swings and if they can hit a single ball over 200ft against one of our pitchers I would give them $100
I would say it's impossible to hit the ball while running from said ball . It's just crazy most of these drive-by probably hasn't seen a pitcher with college level skills. Most of the SEC bullpens are made up of dominant high school pitching. We have a good team we're just playing playoff caliber teams day in and day out. A few less errors few more double plays and timely hits this bunch wouldn't be posting. GBO 💥

Yes you can go right out of high school, it's just once you make the decision to play college, you are committed there for 3 years.

A similar rule would be good for college basketball.
Blade wasn’t here for three years. The rule is 3 years or if the player’s 21st birthday occurs before the draft. Whichever comes first. If his birthday were a month and half later then he would still be pitching for us this season.

VN Store

Back