The Official Florida @ Tennessee Weekend Series Thread (Thurs. 4/6 8PM EST) ESPNU (Fri. 4/7 7PM EST) SEC Network (Sat. 4/8 2PM EST) ESPN 2

No it’s not. Jac averages 5 BB’s per game, he just got them out of the way early. He’s a thrower, not a pitcher and it’s been that way all year. Nesbitt has been giving up bombs since he stepped on campus so nothing today is out of there ordinary. UF’s team ERA is below the middle of the pack in the SEC but it doesn’t hurt them when the bats put up 12 RPG.

1. I was talking about the whole staff. There is good Sproat an there is bad Sproat. As an example.

2. You average 5 BB's a game because sometimes you do what he did today and sometimes you don't and then it averages out. I promise you he doesn't do what he did in the first inning today routinely or he wouldn't be a weekend starter.

1. I was talking about the whole staff. There is good Sproat an there is bad Sproat. As an example.

2. You average 5 BB's a game because sometimes you do what he did today and sometimes you don't and then it averages out. I promise you he doesn't do what he did in the first inning today routinely or he wouldn't be a weekend starter.

Good to know 😴

Do you guys remember the classic movie Forest Gump? Why did Forest choose Alabama over the University of Florida?

When they get to postseason play, Tennessee can't afford to let this guy be the 3rd starter.

Maybe. But he isn’t supplanting Dollander and Burns has great stuff so you would hope whatever anamoly he is going through he figures it out. But I would agree Beam probably needs to be considered for Saturday starter next weekend against Arkansas.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

He’s had 2+ in almost every start from what I recall. Yes, today was egregious. Sproat has great moments but regresses to the mean more often than not. I think great Jac and great Sproat are the outliers. As one of our former players said this week, every time he faced Sproat he saw him get in his own head when a few things don’t go his way.

Just looked and Jac has gone 2+ in 6 of 8 starts. He’s had 4 games of 4+. So 1/2 the time he pitches he walks 4 in less than 6 innings of work.

Last edited:
I would shake up the starting rotation next weekend at Arkansas and start Beam on Thursday followed by Dollander on Friday and Burns on Saturday to potentially win that series.

VN Store

Back