The Official FSU @ #1 Tennessee CWS Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 14) (7PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw my FSU buddy at work today. He says FSU people are saying much the same, that the winner of this series is likely the odds on favorite to go the distance. Gonna be a tough series.
Isn't it like the regionals with the winner advancing to the winner's bracket and the loser going to the elimination game?

Personally, I hope that the BaseVols crush FSU. Every Vol is swinging the bat like they’re seeing grapefruit, chasing ‘Nole after ‘Nole off the mound, and scoring in the double digits before the fifth inning is complete. Let ‘em use half a dozen pitchers, nobody garnet & gold can quiet the Vols’ thunder at the plate. Meanwhile, the Vols shut them down, using just two pitchers. No ‘Nole reaches base for four innings. Their attempts at rallies end with stranded runners. Their big bats are 0 fers. Let ‘em leave scoreless and shellshocked. Let ‘em carry home psychological scars from their encounter with the Vols. GBO.

Hey out there. Evansville alum/fan posting here for the first time after being invited by a couple of Vols fans commenting on the Purple Aces board. All I gotta say here is: Wow.
The best 8 teams in the world going to Omaha, and UE would be 9th if I do some peculiar Indiana math.
I can't say I am rooting for anybody, but if I need to adopt a team -- I guess UT will do. I admit as being a fan of Rocky Top, the tune, I really think I'm ready to move on to some Temptations. (I knew a country band from Fort Wayne that did that song in an audition at Grand Ole Opry.)
Should be a doozy of a tournament. The guy you call CMo -- that's big-league talent. Go for it, Vols!
Welcome.

I think opening with Stamos was about setting up AJ for success more than anything.
And it's worked VERY well.
AJ performed far better in this set up.
It may be mental, but it may be

(1) You can't get any more different than LH Stamos and RH AD with his frisbee pitches
(2) The lineup gets 1 less of a look at AJ before the middle and late innings
(3) It makes coaches start their right handed lineup against Chris instead of left handed lineup against AJ. After AJ comes in, they may PH their lefties but if Frank/Tony go Lefty against after AJ, then they have fewer PH options.

Most importantly, don't change what's working so well. WE'RE IN OMAHA BABY!!!!
I think CTV, and CFA learned not to change things up for the tournament. If memory serves me they tried that in 2021 (for sure) and I think again in 2023 during the SEC tournament and the CWS trying to stage the pitching. I believe they dance with the one the brung, and let the chips fall where they may.

Hey out there. Evansville alum/fan posting here for the first time after being invited by a couple of Vols fans commenting on the Purple Aces board. All I gotta say here is: Wow.
The best 8 teams in the world going to Omaha, and UE would be 9th if I do some peculiar Indiana math.
I can't say I am rooting for anybody, but if I need to adopt a team -- I guess UT will do. I admit as being a fan of Rocky Top, the tune, I really think I'm ready to move on to some Temptations. (I knew a country band from Fort Wayne that did that song in an audition at Grand Ole Opry.)
Should be a doozy of a tournament. The guy you call CMo -- that's big-league talent. Go for it, Vols!
Y’all were a classy bunch, welcome to Volnation.

I think CTV, and CFA learned not to change things up for the tournament. If memory serves me they tried that in 2021 (for sure) and I think again in 2023 during the SEC tournament and the CWS trying to stage the pitching. I believe they dance with the one the brung, and let the chips fall where they may.
🤞

Isn't it like the regionals with the winner advancing to the winner's bracket and the loser going to the elimination game?
Yes, if you go 3-0 you move to the championship series. If you start 2-0, you could end up 3-1 with the if necessary game. If you go into the loser’s bracket you will have to play 5 games though and will have to go 4-1. Tall task.

Let's win the 1st game and not start out in a hole like the last 2 times
I strongly believe had we faced any other pitcher outside of Skenes in Game 1 we would have been in at least the semis. No overpowering arm like that this season to worry about.

I strongly believe had we faced any other pitcher outside of Skenes in Game 1 we would have been in at least the semis. No overpowering arm like that this season to worry about.

He's most certainly not Paul Skenes, but Jamie Arnold will be next years #1 draft pick barring injury. Very likely we see him Friday. Having said that, we've done well of LHP this year.

Thanks for posting and stay around and comment on Omaha and during football and basketball seasons .

You should be proud of your Aces as they are a talented team who gave us fits. I was impressed with their tenacity at the plate and their grit to compete. The post game interviews were first class, too, which is lost art to some.

Thanks for posting and stay around and comment on Omaha and during football and basketball seasons .

You should be proud of your Aces as they are a talented team who gave us fits. I was impressed with their tenacity at the plate and their grit to compete. The post game interviews were first class, too, which is lost art to some.

I think opening with Stamos was about setting up AJ for success more than anything.
And it's worked VERY well.
AJ performed far better in this set up.
It may be mental, but it may be

(1) You can't get any more different than LH Stamos and RH AD with his frisbee pitches
(2) The lineup gets 1 less of a look at AJ before the middle and late innings
(3) It makes coaches start their right handed lineup against Chris instead of left handed lineup against AJ. After AJ comes in, they may PH their lefties but if Frank/Tony go Lefty against after AJ, then they have fewer PH options.

Most importantly, don't change what's working so well. WE'RE IN OMAHA BABY!!!!
I don’t have a time to google so any help is appreciated. How many innings pitched did Stamos average @ Hoover, regionals and supers? What about Causey?

From what I read, State’s ace on Friday is one of the best we will face this yr. Idk anything about him. Who would you compare him to in SEC?

Last edited:
Reactions: VolPack22
Looking at the brackets it seemsTennessee would not play on Saturday, win or lose on Friday.
Is that correct?
I'm going to be at an event on Saturday and may not have access to the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back