The Official FSU @ #1 Tennessee CWS Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 14) (7PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the brackets it seemsTennessee would not play on Saturday, win or lose on Friday.
Is that correct?
I'm going to be at an event on Saturday and may not have access to the games.
If we lose and want to make the championship series we would have to play Friday, Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Ideally we would win our first three games and only play Friday, Sunday, and Wednesday. And then be set for a Saturday-Monday best of 3 series.

1 excellent fast moving song for the Volunteers baseball team to play before they play Florida State on a Friday Spring Night.

I think opening with Stamos was about setting up AJ for success more than anything.
And it's worked VERY well.
AJ performed far better in this set up.
It may be mental, but it may be

(1) You can't get any more different than LH Stamos and RH AD with his frisbee pitches
(2) The lineup gets 1 less of a look at AJ before the middle and late innings
(3) It makes coaches start their right handed lineup against Chris instead of left handed lineup against AJ. After AJ comes in, they may PH their lefties but if Frank/Tony go Lefty against after AJ, then they have fewer PH options.

Most importantly, don't change what's working so well. WE'RE IN OMAHA BABY!!!!
Spot. On.

Me walking into work tomorrow in Kentucky:

Wow I’m stunned if you are walking into work tomorrow if you are really wearing that same flashy robe that WWF wrestler Rick Flair wore during his wrestling days when WWE was the WWF.

I taught class in my daddy coat once (on Halloween, after telling my students I'd teach in costume if we won a game that weekend), got better attendance than usual and they seemed to enjoy that.

I’ve been to Omaha. It’s not really the dimensions. Straight away center is a little longer at 408 as opposed to most parks being 400. I think it’s more about the wind blowing in. It goes both ways though- probably a couple of HR’s that Evansville hit would not be HR’s in Omaha.
If we can get the weather fronts to slow down another 10-12 hours by game time, we can play the opener with winds blowing out and toward right field, before the wind rotates into the batter's face.

So far, since Sunday, that wind change of direction has slowed by 3 hours. But if it stays where it is (in the forecast) both teams will be playin' small ball Friday night, directly into 10-11mph winds.

Reactions: Grnhead13
The Aces have a lot of swag, but I think that's the nature of the college athlete now. I still hear people complain about how the kids don't respect the game. It took me a minute to embrace their zeal, but I have.

UE baseball has come a long way from my years there when the baseball diamond had seating for about 50 in a couple of rack bleachers. It's too bad Nick Smith had thoracic syndrome. He was supposed to be staff ace after a 2023 outstanding season. Deverman just worked his way into that spot. Had Smith been himself, Deverman would have been the No. 2 or 3 guy. Schultz is better than he showed.

Honestly the Aces just hit the wall. They have never played that many high leverage games -- all of them a long way from home. All of the Aces had a minute to make that happen. I hope we see more of it. The college game is in good shape overall.

Carroll -- I don't know him personally -- but he did show a lot of class. Better than the ECU coach did, which is too bad. Godwin has done nice work there. Just, man ... you lose. Be tougher than that.
Godwin embarrassed himself and the ECU program. His actions were disgraceful. Personally, I like a team that plays with some measured swagger. Let the kids play! A bat flip never hurt anyone! Just don’t flip it towards the opposing team’s dugout! 🍊👍👊👊😀😃🍊🍊👍

The 2022 team was awesome, but let's face it. A ton of their HRs were against a notoriously weak OOC schedule.

This team- especially C-Mo have put up HRs in later season.
Putting the HRs aside, the 2022 team blasted the SEC. We only lost 4 regular season games. 4. Swept through the SEC tournament.

The only problem for that team was that it was too easy and they happened to cool off for 1 weekend after 3.5 months. They never learned how to dig deep because they never needed it.

Putting the HRs aside, the 2022 team blasted the SEC. We only lost 4 regular season games. 4. Swept through the SEC tournament.

The only problem for that team was that it was too easy and they happened to cool off for 1 weekend after 3.5 months. They never learned how to dig deep because they never needed it.
Perfect description of that team. Didn’t know how to respond when down because they were never down.

Reactions: CDB and spyfish007
Mentioned OOC schedules. Naturally, teams in the North have to deal with that a lot and their records often reflect it. Southern programs are outdoors in February when teams from the North are hoping to get their reps in a gym. But the better Northern programs can use the travel as a recruiting tool. UE was able to get 3 games in Starkville and before that, 3 at Oral Roberts, which was off a CWS appearance. Here's hoping Wes and UT can put together an early series next spring.

Love your swagger Professor! That’s awesome!

It was pretty fun. Told them I’d costume up if we won. But then I showed up looking normal like I reneged and they were disappointed. Took off my normal coat to reveal my orange baseVols jersey, and they were like ok that’s something, but not impressed. Then I asked them with that jersey should I wear the official uniform hat or the daddy hat, they said definitely daddy. So then I said, well if I’m wearing the daddy hat, imma have to wear this too, and pulled the coat out of my backpack. Then, they were impressed.

I taught class in my daddy coat once (on Halloween, after telling my students I'd teach in costume if we won a game that weekend), got better attendance than usual and they seemed to enjoy that.

Ok never mind you have some freedom to do that while in Sales job that could be Cars, office job, etc the employee would need to get permission from the manager unless it’s Holiday season where certain holiday themed clothes or hats can be worn.

Ok never mind you have some freedom to do that while in Sales job that could be Cars, office job, etc the employee would need to get permission from the manager unless it’s Holiday season where certain holiday themed clothes or hats can be worn.

Yep, that’s the perk of being your own boss. I also wore the daddy coat to faculty meeting (on Halloween), the sports fans enjoyed it but the other faculty members were confused!

Personally, I hope that the BaseVols crush FSU. Every Vol is swinging the bat like they’re seeing grapefruit, chasing ‘Nole after ‘Nole off the mound, and scoring in the double digits before the fifth inning is complete. Let ‘em use half a dozen pitchers, nobody garnet & gold can quiet the Vols’ thunder at the plate. Meanwhile, the Vols shut them down, using just two pitchers. No ‘Nole reaches base for four innings. Their attempts at rallies end with stranded runners. Their big bats are 0 fers. Let ‘em leave scoreless and shellshocked. Let ‘em carry home psychological scars from their encounter with the Vols. GBO.
That’s all? I’d take it…I guess

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back