The Official FSU @ #1 Tennessee CWS Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 14) (7PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

While the distances are important - the bigger factor is around which way the wind is blowing. Most home runs players hit (with no impact of the wind) is generally in the 400+ range which will imply 'home run' in almost any stadium.

I heard, maybe on this thread, that the wind is what the issue is with Omaha not necessarily the dimensions.

What have been some of y’alls favorite moments of this years season so far?

Tennessee demolishing Evansville in a critical Super Regional game 3 was pretty damn great.
Tennessee winning the SEC Championship game after getting to it because it would have been very disappointing that they got to it except couldn’t win it.

Reactions: ArdentVol and MAD
I’m picking the Tennessee Volunteers to win the 2024 College World Series.
The factual reasons why realistically they could win the College World Series is they do have a rotation of reliable pitching.
They have an offense that can score a high amount of runs.
Also, they have the ability to hit home runs, hit the baseball into the outfield, base hits, and bunt if needed.
That makes them a Fantastic Four offensive threat so it’s challenging to defeat them even if a foe is able to keep the game close.

While the distances are important - the bigger factor is around which way the wind is blowing. Most home runs players hit (with no impact of the wind) is generally in the 400+ range which will imply 'home run' in almost any stadium.

I heard, maybe on this thread, that the wind is what the issue is with Omaha not necessarily the dimensions.
Definitely the wind. Though Florida was straight crushing HRs last year, as the wind was carrying the ball out, which is more unusual for Omaha.

Majority of Tennessee's HRs in the regional and super regional would be HRs in Omaha, as long as the wind isn't pulling the ball back.

This is the 2nd or 3rd time in Omaha for our more experienced hitters though, so that'll really help as well. BB and CMo should feast.

It’s their fans.
I agree, Kentucky fans are the worst. In my book, they are the most arrogant in the SEC. I will say they hate us as much as we hate them. Beating them in basketball and seeing their reaction to losing to Tennessee is hilarious. Lately Barnes has them in a frenzy. I hope they are 2 and out in the CWS, they are first timers, hope the stage freight gets to them.

Gameday forecast (10:30am CDT data):
1718380673666.png

Since Monday, the trends have been toward hotter temps, lower humidity, and increased wind velocity. But the wind direction has remained firmly from the ESE.

Hit those gaps, Vols, and run those baselines smartly!

Reactions: ArdentVol
I agree, Kentucky fans are the worst. In my book, they are the most arrogant in the SEC. I will say they hate us as much as we hate them. Beating them in basketball and seeing their reaction to losing to Tennessee is hilarious. Lately Barnes has them in a frenzy. I hope they are 2 and out in the CWS, they are first timers, hope the stage freight gets to them.
This is the exact reason I actually wanted UGA in the CWS this year…I think they wouldn’t allow a little brother type team like UK to beat them and I think a UGA-Florida semi final rival possibility would have taken a toll on whoever won. Now everything is off the table and I wouldn’t be surprised to see a loose Florida or a pesky Kentucky have a shot. Got to read between the line folks!

Kentucky and UGA fans are the WOAT

Reactions: ArdentVol and MAD
Tell me it's your first time without telling me it's your first time😂 this is the tailgate next to ours.View attachment 648472

I’m pretty happy that finally the Kentucky Wildcats baseball team has gotten to the College World Series.
Better late than never. It finally happened in 2024 an election year, and very possibly the year the Florida Panthers win their first Stanley Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back