The Official FSU @ #1 Tennessee CWS Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 14) (7PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was a good high school pitcher I wouldn't even think about coming to Tennessee. You let two batters reach base in an inning and you get yanked. I've never seen a coach pull the string so quickly. Pitchers need to get in a rhythm and a feel for the game. Stamos got pulled after 8 pitches, even when the defense was the one to let him down. Baffling really. I first noticed this practice in the regionals. Note how FSU's pitcher is still in the game even though we've scored 4 runs.
lol the one thing people complain about Tony’s management at times is he stays with his guys too long.

FSU’s pitcher is a top 20 pick. Stamos is an “opener”. It’s not the same.

If I was a good high school pitcher I wouldn't even think about coming to Tennessee. You let two batters reach base in an inning and you get yanked. I've never seen a coach pull the string so quickly. Pitchers need to get in a rhythm and a feel for the game. Stamos got pulled after 8 pitches, even when the defense was the one to let him down. Baffling really. I first noticed this practice in the regionals. Note how FSU's pitcher is still in the game even though we've scored 4 runs.
There's a difference in competing and 2 guys get on vs 4 straight balls to start an inning followed by a piss missile.

Statistically insignificant. The outcome of prior game ones has no impact on game one today. He has a veteran heavy lineup that has not shown up today defensively. They’ve played like a group of freshmen on the big stage for the first time.

Veteran heavy lineup with dudes making stupid errors throughout the year. Giving up extra outs is NEVER a good thing. Now it’s biting them in the backside.

Sure. Why come play for a team that has put more pitchers into the MLB than any other team in the SEC over the last 5 years. SP

Reactions: VolGirl81 and Freak
I’m not sure why I came back to the thread. I’m disappointed in some of the posts I’ve seen here. Yes, the defense probably cost this game, but my goodness, wake tf up! We knew losing this game was a possibility. Granted, I didn’t think it would be like this, but a lot of you need to grow up. We love our Vols, but this is just a game in the grand scheme of things and they’ve had a successful season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back