The official "I was wrong" thread.

This thread would be a lot better if we posted all the times other people were wrong.

When I agreed with the statement, "Dooley must be smart, right? Cause he's a lawyer!"

I thought getting rid of Phil Fulmer was a good idea

I still believe the change was needed, recruiting was falling and asst was bailing on him, everything good or bad will come to an end in time. The problem was the next coach in line is usually a lane duck coach and he caught us with our pants down by leaving at a bad time.

Once, I defended a John Adams article.

I thought Dooley could rebound after ky.

I thought Sal was going to be a great hire.

I deserve a three day ban for being such a dumbass.

Forgive me VN.

Reactions: 1 person
I was way wrong about Sal. I remember saying things like "He's the kind of coach that won't sit up in the box like Wilcox. He'll be down on the field in players' faces holding them accountable!"

Oh how I missed Wilcox.

Last edited:
I was wrong to buy into Dools' Year Zero. I was then wrong to buy season tickets the next 3 years. I was wrong to then give half of them away as it caused others to have to endure the mess I no longer wanted to endure. I was wrong to give Hart a chance to make things right when I knew he was hired as Booger's sidekick and had Bama deep in his roots to go with Booger's Gator pride. I was wrong to believe the BOT and Governors would have sense enough to develop and choose System Presidents and UTK Chancellors that were actually alum of the school they serve. I was wrong to believe UT would stay true to its mission as a land grant university formed to serve the people of the state first and foremost. I was wrong to believe that butt chugging and golden condoms would first be exposed in the land of fruits and nuts and not in Knoxville. I was wrong to believe that UT could steer clear of a lot of nonsense because it had more pride in it's purpose and would want to reflect the culture of most of the people in the region.

But I am now awake and see things for how they actually are instead of how I believed they were or should be. Go Vols.

I thought Darr and Palardy were excellent signees for us.

Edit: I thought they would be game changers for us. I was kinda right. :(

Last edited:
I thought Dooley was going to be our Mike Shula! WRONG!! He wasn't nearly that good!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
Oh, and I was wrong about CP. i didn't think he would make a huge impact in year 1. Nice call, fade. Idiot.

VN Store

Back