The Official SC @ #1 Tennessee Series Thread (Thurs. May 16 6:30PM EST SECNET+) (Fri. May 17 6:30PM EST SECNET+) (Sat. May 18 1PM EST SECNET+)

They were just breaking down the resumes during this Arky game and now that I think about it I’m not sure our SOS is high enough to get the #1 overall seed, which is good news. We may be the 1-seed in Hoover, but we’re only 39 in SOS compared to Top 10 for Kentucky and Arkansas.
Yeah but Kentucky finished 8-7 over their final 5 SEC series after they started 14-1. Sorry, but that isn’t getting them a 1 seed.

They were just breaking down the resumes during this Arky game and now that I think about it I’m not sure our SOS is high enough to get the #1 overall seed, which is good news. We may be the 1-seed in Hoover, but we’re only 39 in SOS compared to Top 10 for Kentucky and Arkansas.

Where are you getting that RPI number. I don’t disagree with ya, I just thought we were like 27 in SOS and 5 or so in RPI, either way, our OOC schedule could hurts us as far as the overall 1.

Edit: I misread on the RPI front, apologies.

And Kentucky cancelled 2 midweek games at the end of the season to keep that RPI intact. This was just a few weeks after the NCAA sent out a memo telling programs not to do so. I think they get dinged and get no higher than a #3 overall seed.
They should calculate those two games as losses and update the RPI. Easy to do, and gets the idea across.

And Kentucky cancelled 2 midweek games at the end of the season to keep that RPI intact. This was just a few weeks after the NCAA sent out a memo telling programs not to do so. I think they get dinged and get no higher than a #3 overall seed.
Ole Miss did this 2 yrs ago & it allowed them to be the last team in. Then they hou hot & won it all. Haven’t been back since.

Ole Miss did this 2 yrs ago & it allowed them to be the last team in. Then they hou hot & won it all. Haven’t been back since.
Yes, but I don’t recall the NCAA sending out a memo that year. Could be wrong. The NCAA sent out a memo at the end of April this year and you have teams 2 weeks later cancelling games lol

Yes, but I don’t recall the NCAA sending out a memo that year. Could be wrong. The NCAA sent out a memo at the end of April this year and you have teams 2 weeks later cancelling games lol

At the end of the day…won the conference, we’re #1 and we cut no corners doing it. Can’t spell suck without UK.

You’re correct but it was still a trashy move.
Yeah I’m glad Tony doesn’t subscribe to that tactic. If you legitimately cannot play due to weather that’s one thing, but if you can wait it out and get the game in, I think they owe to this lower level programs to play the game that is scheduled.

VN Store

Back