The Official SC @ #1 Tennessee Series Thread (Thurs. May 16 6:30PM EST SECNET+) (Fri. May 17 6:30PM EST SECNET+) (Sat. May 18 1PM EST SECNET+)

I have no inside info at all. This is just my own opinion based on, well…nothing. I suppose, why bring him in now if you can get to Hoover without him?

Hoover, depending on many factors might have been the plan, but here it comes. No scouting report, none, zero, zilch. He may not play this year. I don’t know how old he is, what his prospects are, whether there’s a red shirt, who gets drafted, who stays, who goes.

At the end of the day I trust the coaches to do what’s best for the player, long term. Track record says so. If it’s meant to be and all.

GBO!!!
He’ll be back next year. Former Vol Will Heflin thinks he will be a 1st round pick. Or at least he’s said that on the Govols 247 podcast. Whatever is best for him is all I care about. But glad to see preacher say he’s available

Curious how they'll insert him .. opener for an inning, or an inning after an opener to transition? Any ideas?

Again, no info, but CTV said a couple weeks ago, they are not gonna ask him to start, close or go long. Sorta seems like maybe an inning, see how it goes, maybe one more. That was like two weeks ago. FWIW

While we’re “tipping caps” I would like to give a shout out to @preacherman20 and @greasemachine, and any other players family members, for hanging out on Vol Nation. I know some fans can be awful harsh at times but, I enjoy having those people being on here sharing their experiences.
I second this.
👊🏻

I thought Stark made one bunt and we scored the runner from third. But on the fake (I think) or miss, our runner got picked off at second, so: fail. Better off had he swung. But I may be remembering it wrong.

Mostly just wanted to give you a shoutout for being so knowledgeable and fun, and helping some of your old timer peers to raise right some relative newbs like me, year by year. 🫡
You’re most likely right. I get lightheaded when I see a slugger square up. It takes a while to recover.
Thanks for the kind words.

Alabama playing their biggest game of the season and losing 2-1 to Auburn T4

If they win they own the 5-team tiebreaker at 13-17 for 7th place due to their series win over Tennessee. If they lose they plummet all the way to the 11th seed and likely miss the NCAAT with 12 conference wins.

Alabama playing their biggest game of the season and losing 2-1 to Auburn T4

If they win they own the 5-team tiebreaker at 13-17 for 7th place due to their series win over Tennessee. If they lose they plummet all the way to the 11th seed and likely miss the NCAAT with 12 conference wins.
Lose, Bama, lose!

This is gonna sound crazy and Lord forgive me for saying this, but...
Aren’t we pulling for bama to get the win? Doesn’t it help us a little more?
It increases the likelihood Vanderbilt, Florida, and LSU all miss the NCAAT. No way they are taking five 13-17 teams. 6 SEC teams are solidly in and two, possibly 3 spots up for grabs. Vanderbilt, Florida, and LSU have the lowest RPI of the 13-17 teams so they would be the odd teams out. I’m rooting more for those three teams to miss the NCAAT.

VN Store

Back