The Official SC @ #1 Tennessee Series Thread (Thurs. May 16 6:30PM EST SECNET+) (Fri. May 17 6:30PM EST SECNET+) (Sat. May 18 1PM EST SECNET+)

It's what happens when you have a lot of corporate ticket owners.
There was no announcement to stay for the end of the other game
I stayed and watched on my phone
I wished they had played it on scoreboard
There was more people that stayed than it looked as we were all looking on our phones.
They played Rocky Top as soon as the last Kentucky out was registered

Complete cowardly BS! Should be considered in seeding.
Directed at no one in particular, e’rbody feel free to weigh in. Let’s start with after the regular season, we are #1 in the country. We are tied with Uk but beat them head to head…at their house if I recall.

Looking at where things stand, I know some games to be played, our OOC games could hurt…so here’s the question…

What do we need to do in Hoover to be the overall 1? Ain’t no ACC team gonna take it?

Go!

We had a crazy day carting the kids around today…soccer games, piano recital, and then a play. Kept up on my phone as much as I could but just now watching the highlights. Glad to see Zander had one of his best days! This pitching staff ain’t half bad…
Zander was dealing today. And YOU, my friend, get the Daddy Hat award.

Attachments

• Tennessee Baseball_Daddy hat, coat.jpg
    Tennessee Baseball_Daddy hat, coat.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 5
Directed at no one in particular, e’rbody feel free to weigh in. Let’s start with after the regular season, we are #1 in the country. We are tied with Uk but beat them head to head…at their house if I recall.

Looking at where things stand, I know some games to be played, our OOC games could hurt…so here’s the question…

What do we need to do in Hoover to be the overall 1? Ain’t no ACC team gonna take it?

Go!
win 2 games

Also, I see AJ Russell didn’t pitch this weekend unless I missed it… so at this point I’m going to assume we don’t see him this year. I know the coaches are always overly cautious and especially with someone like Russell.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Go!
If we go 2 and bbq and KY wins it all, I could see us being #2 behind them. Other than that, there’s no hiding from 9 straight SEC series wins.

Go!
Honestly it should be a 2 horse race at this point. Tennessee and Kentucky finished 2 games ahead of Arkansas and 3 games ahead of A&M. I think there is a strong possibility of the top 4 national seeds being from the SEC. If we had to select today I would put them in this order:

Tennessee
Kentucky
A&M
Arkansas

Personally I would drop Kentucky a spot to third to punish them for cancelling midweek games but they are deserving of the 2 seed based on their season. The only way I see Kentucky getting the 1 seed is if they go and win the SECT and beat us in the championship game. Even then, I think we are still more deserving because we went out and won 9 consecutive series whereas Kentucky dropped 2 series in a row this year. Typically the conference tournaments don’t mean much come selection day but it may matter this year because there is not a lot of separation between the teams and they need a way to create the pecking order.

Wait! You gotta be kidding me! The catcher laid down a bunt and @txbo said nothing? Like he was speechless? I miss all the fun. Season’s over. 😛
I think @txbo did it on purpose to make that thing called "loud silence" as a subtle joke. Seriously, this team and our fans are so awesome.

I imagine (idk) Tony wanted to mix in a little small ball to amuse his friends and astound his enemies. Then he goes to the post-game interview and gives HR-master Beck a shout out in MLB. A little reminder and carrot for the high school targets.

A splendid day was had by all.

Yep, good call.
Tip of the cap to Frank!
While we’re “tipping caps” I would like to give a shout out to @preacherman20 and @greasemachine, and any other players family members, for hanging out on Vol Nation. I know some fans can be awful harsh at times but, I enjoy having those people being on here sharing their experiences.

Also, I see AJ Russell didn’t pitch this weekend unless I missed it… so at this point I’m going to assume we don’t see him this year. I know the coaches are always overly cautious and especially with someone like Russell.

I have no inside info at all. This is just my own opinion based on, well…nothing. I suppose, why bring him in now if you can get to Hoover without him?

Hoover, depending on many factors might have been the plan, but here it comes. No scouting report, none, zero, zilch. He may not play this year. I don’t know how old he is, what his prospects are, whether there’s a red shirt, who gets drafted, who stays, who goes.

At the end of the day I trust the coaches to do what’s best for the player, long term. Track record says so. If it’s meant to be and all.

GBO!!!

They had Stark attempt a bunt twice. What I hate most is that shows a lack of confidence. Make him swing.
I thought Stark made one bunt and we scored the runner from third. But on the fake (I think) or miss, our runner got picked off at second, so: fail. Better off had he swung. But I may be remembering it wrong.

Mostly just wanted to give you a shoutout for being so knowledgeable and fun, and helping some of your old timer peers to raise right some relative newbs like me, year by year. 🫡

VN Store

Back