The Official Tennessee @ Auburn Series Thread (Fri. April 5th 7PM EST) (Sat. April 6th 4:30PM EST) (Sun. April 7th 2PM EST) (All Games On SECNET+)

Kind of impressive how many Vol fans travel with the baseball Vols to away games
I’d say we had close to 500 there this weekend and probably 3x that at Bama. The road following over the CTV era has been awesome to see. I’ve heard more than a few say it’s the only way they can see a game because of the secondary market prices for home games.

I’d say we had close to 500 there this weekend and probably 3x that at Bama. The road following over the CTV era has been awesome to see. I’ve heard more than a few say it’s the only way they can see a game because of the secondary market prices for home games.
I just said the hell with it and grabbed Sunday tickets in Lexington…going to all 3 games now! Let’s get as much Orange in there as possible!

You could see the guys (especially Burke) were upset after the final Friday night out.
About an hour before yesterday’s game they played a montage of Friday night’s highlights on the Jumbotron that could literally be heard 0.5 mile away. We had just climbed out of the car 0.5 mile from the stadium and the PA announcer said turn your attention to the video board for highlights of last nights beating of TN. I told my wife, that’s not a good idea, they just woke us up and pissed us off even more. 12-2 and 6 dongs later I was proven correct.

Rotation next week.

I think Snead gets a look as a starter. However, I don't think he can - or should start Friday after pitching 5 innings on Sunday.
The obvious solution is to get Snead the start on Saturday and move Drew Beam to Friday night. Then let Zander start again on Sunday.

If AJ Russell gets back <fingers crossed> I don't think he can be just thrown in as a weekend starter) for several weeks.

I think AJ Causey will flourish from the bullpen. Look at his Jax State stats:

2022 App: 25 Record: 4-4 starts: 1 innings: 48.1 BAVG .211 ERA: 2.61 HR:1 BF: 202
2023 App: 15 Record: 5-2 starts: 14 innings: 76.1 BAVG: .273 ERA: 5.07 HR: 12 BF: 342

Causey's stats were far better as a reliever - even has a true freshman. And I believe this in continuing at UTK. I think his stuff is better coming out of the pen.

Of course, I'm not Frank. Maybe Frank sees something we can't.

On of AJ's best game as a Vol was Illinois game1. He went 6 innings but his weakest inning was his first when he gave up consecutive doubles. In the second he gave up 2 more hits. In the third he gave up. Then he was fairly strong the rest of his 3 innings giving up only 1 more hit

Causey has 149 AB and Snead (with no starts) has 145. 2nd and 3rd respectively on the teamd

Here is where the stats tell the story.
Causey and Snead have faced roughly the same number of batters. Both have identical B/Avg: (.255)
The WHIPs are similar 1.24 and 1.28
IP 37.0 for AJ 38.1 for Snead
AJ has given up 8 BB to 12 for Nate
AJ has 51 SO to Sneed 32 (this surprised me)
Hits are 38 and 37
Snead's ERA is 3.29 and Causey is 5.35

These numbers show that Sneed spreads his hits out and Causey gives up hits in groups.

I think everyone saw Sneed as a reliever because of his fast ball.
However, Causey has far more strike outs with fewer walks

Last edited:
Zander just doesn’t have the stuff to be a weekend starter. If Russell is out long term, Tony’s got to open up the competition for the Sunday spot.
Every “starter” we’ve got, has been rocked at some point this season.
It happens.

Last edited:
Rotation next week.

I think Snead gets a look as a starter. However, I don't think he can - or should start Friday after pitching 5 innings on Sunday.
The obvious solution is to get Snead the start on Saturday and move Drew Beam to Friday night. Then let Zander start again on Sunday.

If AJ Russell gets back <fingers crossed> I don't think he can be just thrown in as a weekend starter) for several weeks.

2022 App: 25 Record: 4-4 starts: 1 innings: 48.1 BAVG .211 ERA: 2.61 HR:1 BF: 202
2023 App: 15 Record: 5-2 starts: 14 innings: 76.1 BAVG: .273 ERA: 5.07 HR: 12 BF: 342

Causey's stats were far better as a reliever - even has a true freshman. And I believe this in continuing at UTK. I think his stuff is better coming out of the pen.

On of AJ's best game as a Vol was Illinois game1. He went 6 innings but his weakest inning was his first when he gave up consecutive doubles. In the second he gave up 2 more hits. In the third he gave up. Then he was fairly strong the rest of his 3 innings giving up only 1 more hit

Causey has 149 AB and Snead (with no starts) has 145. 2nd and 3rd respectively on the teamd

Causey and Snead have faced roughly the same number of batters. Both have identical B/Avg: (.255)
Hits are 38 and 37

These numbers show that Sneed spreads his hits out and Causey gives up hits in groups.

HEY MAN THANXXX for all the data and analysis. I do appreciate the time investment.

Maybe I will run into you at Walmart if you truly reside in Walland. Rockford guy myself. Got my GUNTERSVILLE Based handle YEARS ago and since moved back to the area for my SR years.

Quick question. Do we have any other guys with the arm talent that Frank can hone for bigger roles. Always like to know contingencies available. Love to have some options by post season plus a healthy AJ.

Rotation next week.

Hits are 38 and 37

Dang Fryeguy! That’s some next level stuff right there!!
Thanks!

Where are you guys getting your tix? The KY website requires you to add the app? Secondary market site?
I bought them weeks ago at the UK/Ticketmaster site. I saw I could still do it last week I saw.

Maybe UK is playing games to stop the sell. Vol fans outnumbered them in 2022.

EDIT:

I now know. They sold them directly on the TicketMaster Site.

Plenty of tickets remaining for all three games. Even right behind the Visiting (first base) dugout. (Except the Saturday afternoon game)

If you go to to games, you can bring a folding camp chair to sit on the terrace berm seats. down each baseline. Those are $10 + fees. But $7 for kids and old people.

Keeneland is already sold out for Friday and Saturday afternoon.

Last edited:
Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I don't know who is officially in charge of The Hat in the dugout, but since we've made grand slams such a part of our arsenal this year... I present two options to add to the HR hat rack:

(I'll seriously order it if they want one).

salamihatdrawn.jpg

salamithatwords.jpg

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
This is the way! Make. It. Happen.
I’m giving it to Tony at the UK series as a gag gift…I think I explained it before but hat is from Gioia’s Deli which is on “The Hill” in St Louis…it’s an amazing Italian neighborhood where Yogi Berra amongst many others is from…Tony if you can imagine knows it well…if ever in St Louis its a must eat place for lunch, with many other Italian fine dining in that neighborhood for dinner…Tony hopefully at least gets a chuckle out of it…nice memory from home

I’m giving it to Tony at the UK series as a gag gift…I think I explained it before but hat is from Gioia’s Deli which is on “The Hill” in St Louis…it’s an amazing Italian neighborhood where Yogi Berra amongst many others is from…Tony if you can imagine knows it well…if ever in St Louis its a must eat place for lunch, with many other Italian fine dining in that neighborhood for dinner…Tony hopefully at least gets a chuckle out of it…nice memory from home
That’s cool. He will likely appreciate the sentiment along with his Dad.

I’ll give you major V-cred, if I see that hat, being worn in the dugout after the next grand slam!!
I’m talking dugout legendary status!!

I’ll give you major V-cred, if I see that hat, being worn in the dugout after the next grand slam!!
I’m talking dugout legendary status!!
I was thinking Tony would throw it in trash or at best give it to his dad. Anything more than that would be amazing…lol

VN Store

Back