The Official Tennessee @ Auburn Series Thread (Fri. April 5th 7PM EST) (Sat. April 6th 4:30PM EST) (Sun. April 7th 2PM EST) (All Games On SECNET+)

Zander didn’t look as dialed in to start the game as he did against Ga but bounced back with a couple of solid innings , maybe was a bit fatigued from throwing a lot of pitches last weekend , good win , the offense was impressive , we need to get healthy and stay healthy for a post season run

I’m giving it to Tony at the UK series as a gag gift…I think I explained it before but hat is from Gioia’s Deli which is on “The Hill” in St Louis…it’s an amazing Italian neighborhood where Yogi Berra amongst many others is from…Tony if you can imagine knows it well…if ever in St Louis its a must eat place for lunch, with many other Italian fine dining in that neighborhood for dinner…Tony hopefully at least gets a chuckle out of it…nice memory from home

Even better!

If any of the family members think the team would want one or all of those hats let us know and we will get them to them. (I know they are very big on mojo/juju type stuff so if it would upset the balance of things, let us know and we will lay off).

I’m giving it to Tony at the UK series as a gag gift…I think I explained it before but hat is from Gioia’s Deli which is on “The Hill” in St Louis…it’s an amazing Italian neighborhood where Yogi Berra amongst many others is from…Tony if you can imagine knows it well…if ever in St Louis its a must eat place for lunch, with many other Italian fine dining in that neighborhood for dinner…Tony hopefully at least gets a chuckle out of it…nice memory from home

I’ll give you major V-cred, if I see that hat, being worn in the dugout after the next grand slam!!
I’m talking dugout legendary status!!

@volplaya8 has some V-cred, but does he have a picture of himself wearing his own daddy coat next to Tony V?

Too bad the pitching has given up 57 more runs than that year at this point.
So they aren’t going 25-5 and sweeping every Sec honor…what a shock…support this team…they are damn good and could easily go to the CWS and win the entire thing..quit comparing anything to 2022…even our rivals knew that was the greatest college baseball team ever assembled

Don’t let the few sourpusses distract from the fact that there are plenty of fans of the muffin man!
Refresh me professor.…All he gave up was two ground ball singles and then one HR! Then unlike Friday closed out Auburn in the 2nd which effectively ended the game. People are out of their minds. Go Vols…Go Zander…woooooooo!

So they aren’t going 25-5 and sweeping every Sec honor…what a shock…support this team…they are damn good and could easily go to the CWS and win the entire thing..quit comparing anything to 2022…even our rivals knew that was the greatest college baseball team ever assembled
So, responding to a post comparing part of 2022 to part of 2024 warrants getting jumped on? Sheesh, awfully touchy/defensive. Nothing in that sentence says I don't support the team, but sure, try throw some manure around because of one statement.

So, responding to a post comparing part of 2022 to part of 2024 warrants getting jumped on? Sheesh, awfully touchy/defensive. Nothing in that sentence says I don't support the team, but sure, try throw some manure around because of one statement.
You think that is getting jumped on…you haven’t seen much then. Smdh

I compared the hitting. He countered with a pitching comparison. He didn't say we suck. Don't be so tender.

Reactions: WillisWG
I compared the hitting. He countered with a pitching comparison. He didn't say we suck. Don't be so tender.
The entire world knows the 24 staff statistically isnt doing what the 22 staff did. It was not warranted or needed. You were actually pointing out something from this year that people may not be aware of. As for the name calling also not warranted or needed. I will be in Lexington next weekend though if anybody has a problem with that.

Had to edit that 10 times…hahahaha

The entire world knows the 24 staff statistically isnt doing what the 22 staff did. It was not warranted or needed. You were actually pointing out something from this year that people may not be aware of. As for the name calling also not warranted or needed. I will be in Lexington next weekend though if anybody has a problem with that.

Had to edit that 10 times…hahahaha
LOL.

You both have a point. Baseball teams like that don’t come around often. Oregon State in the late 20 teens, can’t remember which year, is the only one I can remember that was even close to as dominant.

But this pitching staff won’t win us a title as it stands. The good news is neither would LSU’s where they were at this time last year but they got a hell of a lot better when it mattered. But to voice it as a concern in comparison to ‘22 is fair. No we don’t have 3 first rounders starting on weekends and a 106mph flame thrower in the pen now, but they still have to be better than they are.

I say it often, we are the Atlanta Braves. The best offense imaginable, but pitching leaves much to be desired. Pitching wins the playoffs every time.

You both have a point. Baseball teams like that don’t come around often. Oregon State in the late 20 teens, can’t remember which year, is the only one I can remember that was even close to as dominant.

But this pitching staff won’t win us a title as it stands. The good news is neither would LSU’s where they were at this time last year but they got a hell of a lot better when it mattered. But to voice it as a concern in comparison to ‘22 is fair. No we don’t have 3 first rounders starting on weekends and a 106mph flame thrower in the pen now, but they still have to be better than they are.

I say it often, we are the Atlanta Braves. The best offense imaginable, but pitching leaves much to be desired. Pitching wins the playoffs every time.
Definitely….but we are due a certain arm back hopefully. I do not even try to dream of titles but this team can beat anybody in a best 2 of 3 scenario as it stands. They could also lose to a number of teams but that is just baseball. We saw it on full display in 22. If we keep knocking on the door hopefully things fall into place this year or down the road and we win a natty. The key is always being good enough to be knocking…and we certainly are!

Definitely….but we are due a certain arm back hopefully. I do not even try to dream of titles but this team can beat anybody in a best 2 of 3 scenario as it stands. They could also lose to a number of teams but that is just baseball. We saw it on full display in 22. If we keep knocking on the door hopefully things fall into place this year or down the road and we win a natty. The key is always being good enough to be knocking…and we certainly are!
If I had to bet on which program wins a title first out of the big 3.. I’d put it all on baseball. Without a doubt the closest of them all

If I had to bet on which program wins a title first out of the big 3.. I’d put it all on baseball. Without a doubt the closest of them all
Possibly so…so hard to win in any of those 3. Even football is going to get tougher for everybody with the expanded playoffs. Baseball can definitely do it and if we keep Tony and he stays hungry the sky is the limit. Football is getting there and I would love to be back in the mix most years. Im thinking we can make playoffs at least half the time going forward and possibly contend on half of those appearances. As for basketball all I am asking for is a Final Four. Just one time I’d love to play on grandest stage of that sport.

Possibly so…so hard to win in any of those 3. Even football is going to get tougher for everybody with the expanded playoffs. Baseball can definitely do it and if we keep Tony and he stays hungry the sky is the limit. Football is getting there and I would love to be back in the mix most years. Im thinking we can make playoffs at least half the time going forward and possibly contend on half of those appearances. As for basketball all I am asking for is a Final Four. Just one time I’d love to play on grandest stage of that sport.
Tony’s ambition is the least of my concerns lol. This is a man who is in his late 40’s and single because, in his words, a wife would take time away from baseball.

I certainly couldn’t do that, I hardly understand it. But he’s built different that’s for sure.

His ambition could take him elsewhere, and maybe that’s a concern. Luckily the NCAA to MLB coaching pipeline is nonexistent compared to basketball and football and as long as we keep maintaining facilities with the SEC standard, he has no reason to leave.

It was a far greater concern when we had no renovation plans and were last in every baseball facilities category. But those days are gone

Reactions: volplaya8
Tony’s ambition is the least of my concerns lol. This is a man who is in his late 40’s and single because, in his words, a wife would take time away from baseball.

I certainly couldn’t do that, I hardly understand it. But he’s built different that’s for sure.

His ambition could take him elsewhere, and maybe that’s a concern. Luckily the NCAA to MLB coaching pipeline is nonexistent compared to basketball and football and as long as we keep maintaining facilities with the SEC standard, he has no reason to leave.

It was a far greater concern when we had no renovation plans and were last in every baseball facilities category. But those days are gone
You keep reminding me of those dark dark days…worse than a damn horror movie. Haha

VN Store

Back