The Official Tennessee @ LSU Weekend Series Thread (Thurs. 3/30 8PM EST) ESPNU (Fri. 3/31 7PM EST) SEC Network (Sat. 4/1 2PM EST) SEC NET+

What are the chances Halvorsen and/or Lindsey get a shot at weekend starter?

Just based on history of CFA, I don’t know how you take starters, replace them and then move Dolly, Burns or Beam to the pen without upsetting the whole apple cart. Lindsey and Halvorsen have done great, but they ain’t had to go first. In CFA I trust.

We will sweep Florida, I feel it. Just walk Caglianone every time lol
And make him work on the mound. The dude has a 2:1 K:BB ratio. Minus the OM game, where he had 8 BB’s, he still averages nearly 4 per 9 innings.

Edit: He’s over 60 pitches today through less than 3 innings. 3 walks and a HBP. He can rake but he’s overhyped on the mound.

Last edited:
Reactions: vol66
They live for the 4 Fs….
Family
Friends
Food
Festival

They invent reasons to gather and eat and drink.
They shut down the State Monday and Tuesday for Mardis Gras, then nothing gets done Wednesday.

Reactions: txbo
They live for the 4 Fs….
Family
Friends
Food
Festival

They invent reasons to gather and eat and drink.

Big Ears going on here, granted it’s day three, but…it would appear lots of these out of Towners don’t know how to read a bbq menu. People walking in, “do you have coffee” or “do you have bloody Mary’s….no. They did have Mimosas, with orange juice or Pomegranate, I watched it happen, lady ordered Orange Juice, after it was made, she says, “oh you have pomegranate?” Good grief.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and txbo
What are the chances Halvorsen and/or Lindsey get a shot at weekend starter?
Not unless some injuries. Our starters would look a lot better if we could make routine plays. Just think of how many pop up “hits” we have given up that lead to runs.

Watching the Mizzou/Kentucky game and they are talking BaseVols.
‘The announcer just said, Tennessee had to revamp the offensive side a little bit.
Wonder what a big revamp would look like?

Reactions: taylorvol and vol66
Watching the Mizzou/Kentucky game and they are talking BaseVols.
‘The announcer just said, Tennessee had to revamp the offensive side a little bit.
Wonder what a big revamp would look like?

Watching Auburn/UF here, what’s the score of yours?

Reactions: MAD
Big Ears going on here, granted it’s day three, but…it would appear lots of these out of Towners don’t know how to read a bbq menu. People walking in, “do you have coffee” or “do you have bloody Mary’s….no. They did have Mimosas, with orange juice or Pomegranate, I watched it happen, lady ordered Orange Juice, after it was made, she says, “oh you have pomegranate?” Good grief.

I used to work downtown and one of my favorite lunch spots (pre-covid) was Jig & Reel.
This is a phenomenal Scottish pub with one of the largest selections of scotch - and other whiskey's in the world.

I made the mistake of going in there for the first day of the Big Ears Festival for lunch about 6-8 years ago and it was beyond belief.
the act was the middle aged duo with long hair and bad guitar playing and I swear to god their first song was 3-4 minutes of screaming and yelling. (I was sitting in the bar and could not see them) and they were done the audience was snapping their fingers and waving their hands- I guess because clapping bothers many people (like yelling and screaming didn't)

Several "personages" came up to bar asking the kilted bartender about wine selection and openly complaining there was no selection.

The bartender already had spoken to Mr. Boyd and confirmed this would be the last year the Jig & Reel would participate in this freak show.

Yep I did that after yesterday’s game. Schedule is brutal. But I guess it’s the same for everyone.
I think the SEC knowingly front loaded the schedules of the good teams with LSU, Arkansas, and Tennessee playing a glorified round robin tournament. LSU got to host both these teams and Tennessee has to play on the road both series.

As a result, Kentucky- and to some degree South Carolina, got a relatively soft opening schedule.

Kentucky is good but they have yet to play a top tier team in our out of conference. Kentucky ended up with the same record in Tuscaloosa as Columbia did if you think about it. Alabama is played much better at Arkansas this weekend

Yes. I expect Burns and Beam will both get right soon - but they are both giving up a ton of hits in conference starts. If either continues to struggle would they make a change?
Beam gave up 6 runs in his start yesterday and only one of them was earned. He actually has the best numbers out of the weekend starters. Burns’ ERA is pushing 5.00 which is very shocking. Teams have definitely done their homework on our pitchers.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Missouri is done for the year.

They had injuries after playing Tennessee- especially to pitchers. But there was no excuse for the Vols to play like they did.
Many of the guys bundled up like they were playing in the Yukon.
Easy for me to say but if you act cold, then you're going to be cold no matter how much you wear.

Beam gave up 6 runs in his start yesterday and only one of them was earned. He actually has the best numbers out of the weekend starters. Burns’ ERA is pushing 5.00 which is very shocking. Teams have definitely done their homework on our pitchers.

Of course the runs were unearned because of his error. But I agree.
Burns and Dolander are relying too much on their fastballs in the first inning until they can get their other pitches across.
And this league is good enough to tee off on even major league fast balls.

I think the SEC knowingly front loaded the schedules of the good teams with LSU, Arkansas, and Tennessee playing a glorified round robin tournament. LSU got to host both these teams and Tennessee has to play on the road both series.

As a result, Kentucky- and to some degree South Carolina, got a relatively soft opening schedule.

Kentucky is good but they have yet to play a top tier team in our out of conference. Kentucky ended up with the same record in Tuscaloosa as Columbia did if you think about it. Alabama is played much better at Arkansas this weekend
Underrated post 👏👏👏

VN Store

Back