The Official Tennessee @ LSU Weekend Series Thread (Thurs. 3/30 8PM EST) ESPNU (Fri. 3/31 7PM EST) SEC Network (Sat. 4/1 2PM EST) SEC NET+

Tre is a beast. Tommy Tanks is incredibly annoying but can rake. I love his 2 strike approach. Crews is also a humble dude who helps special needs kids. Bet he will do a lot more when given the platform. Good for him.

They swing, that was my take. You dare to put it over the plate, they swing. 0-3 to Dylan Crews, swinging…first pitch slider, swinging…hit and run,swinging. They don’t hope to walk…they apply pressure. Just my take.

Last edited:
Thoughts on the series:
1) Outfield defense was very impressive. Ensley, Scott, and Booker are all plus defenders and Ensley’s bat is plus. Scott and Booker bats are heating up and that could be HUGE. I’ve said all along that both will win us games this year. Elite D and speed doesn‘t slump.
2) Crews deserves all the praise he gets. He’s simply outstanding.
3) Dreiling can flat out rake. Hard to believe he’s a true freshman.
4) This team will be fine. Replacing the entire lineup is crazy hard. I bet no team in college baseball has ever been ranked in the top 15 (much less #2) when turning over the lineup.
5) They will get better on defense and have the potential to be very good in that department.
Wonder if a team has had to replace their entire lineup before? I'm sure it's happened, but I can't recall seeing it.

Wonder if a team has had to replace their entire lineup before? I'm sure it's happened, but I can't recall seeing it.
I’d love to know the stats on that. If it’s happened, I doubt they were even ranked in the preseason. Just shows how much respect the TN program has earned thanks to the previous 3 seasons, returning pitching staff, and elite coaching staff. Entering the 22 season, we were ranked #32 by one of the major polls. Lol.

This team is just one game back of what a realistic start expectation would be. I guessed they would win 2 of 3 at Mizzou, 2 of 3 vs AM, and 1 of 3 vs LSU. Remember Ole MIss won the natty after a very mediocre season last year. And this team has some young players being thrown into the fray early, like Dreiling, not to mention the many sophomores like CMO and Burke. With so much youth in the player rotation, we should improve a lot over the course of the season and, with our pitching (also a couple of sophomore starters), make a run in the national tournament. I'd prefer the team and staff focus on getting to Omaha and not worry about winning any conference titles this season.

Reactions: txbo
At this moment we are 20, RPI. Look at quad 1 wins compared to the 19 above us. Then compare our SOS to those teams. Too soon? Yeah. In 3 weeks SOS ain’t gonna matter, we’ll have won or lost but next week at home could change things. No midweek, let’s fix and rock.

How are Iowa folk’s feeling tonight? We don’t have to climb that hill, I hope, but after 3 weeks, there’s questions.

GBO!!!

Reactions: VolPack22
I have stayed pretty calm thru the rough opening of conference play, but I have to admit this was a big relief as well as a pleasure. We seem to have a lot to work on, and we have a long season to do it in. It could be that this team is really good by the tournaments. We'll just have to see: one game at a time. GBO!

Thoughts on the series:
1) Outfield defense was very impressive. Ensley, Scott, and Booker are all plus defenders and Ensley’s bat is plus. Scott and Booker bats are heating up and that could be HUGE. I’ve said all along that both will win us games this year. Elite D and speed doesn‘t slump.
2) Crews deserves all the praise he gets. He’s simply outstanding.
3) Dreiling can flat out rake. Hard to believe he’s a true freshman.
4) This team will be fine. Replacing the entire lineup is crazy hard. I bet no team in college baseball has ever been ranked in the top 15 (much less #2) when turning over the lineup.
5) They will get better on defense and have the potential to be very good in that department.
Really hope the infield can mesh soon. These guys haven't played together and it takes player's being comfortable with knowing how each player will react to the play. You can tell they natural react and then hesitate to see what the others are going to do. I believe they can and will iron this out. And Thanks again Taylorvol.

Really hope the infield can mesh soon. These guys haven't played together and it takes player's being comfortable with knowing how each player will react to the play. You can tell they natural react and then hesitate to see what the others are going to do. I believe they can and will iron this out. And Thanks again Taylorvol.
Sure thing Go Vols! Beat those Gators!

Crews, at this moment, according to ESPN is the highest rated, most draftable player. Dolly is second. Tre didn’t make the list but Bradfield did. As they say…C’Mon MAN!
With the new MLB rules limiting pitchers’ toolkit for holding runners on, Bradfield is almost an automatic double, if not triple, every time on base. He may not be worth it without those rules, but I’d have him in my top 3 picks with those rules. He will score a LOT of runs.

With the new MLB rules limiting pitchers’ toolkit for holding runners on, Bradfield is almost an automatic double, if not triple, every time on base. He may not be worth it without those rules, but I’d have him in my top 3 picks with those rules. He will score a LOT of runs.

That’s fair. On my team, if money is no object, I like both. If my budget is limited…taking Tre. Just me, I certainly can see your point.

VN Store

Back